ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame girls vs Syracuse

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
This team is awful .Everybody expecting improvement .Notre dame had 60-51 late on game only to go into overtime 60-60 .Syracuse goes on 13-3 in OT..It s hard to know where to start

Don't know how to react from pressure .

This team is making the NCAAs ? Can't see it

Doubtful. Just shows how hard it is to consistently have talent like we did for 10 or so years. Makes what UConn has done even more impressive.

I don't follow women's recruiting so I have no way to gage if we're bringing in talent. Muffet has a legacy that speaks for itself so that should do enough to attract kids but who knows.

Reactions: Kelso86
This team is awful .Everybody expecting improvement .Notre dame had 60-51 late on game only to go into overtime 60-60 .Syracuse goes on 13-3 in OT..It s hard to know where to start

Don't know how to react from pressure .

This team is making the NCAAs ? Can't see it
Put a fork in it ...it’s done!

This is like 2007 for the football team; saw this one coming for a while and it got worse with transfers and injuries.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
One thing for sure, can't count on a 3 point shooter

Doubtful. Just shows how hard it is to consistently have talent like we did for 10 or so years. Makes what UConn has done even more impressive.

I don't follow women's recruiting so I have no way to gage if we're bringing in talent. Muffet has a legacy that speaks for itself so that should do enough to attract kids but who knows.
We have an outstanding recruiting class coming in. I think rated #3, behind UConn and Oregon.

We have an outstanding recruiting class coming in. I think rated #3, behind UConn and Oregon.

Yeah, there should be brighter days ahead. Didn’t think we’d have this far if a drop off, but not too difficult to see why we’re at this point.

Yeah, there should be brighter days ahead. Didn’t think we’d have this far if a drop off, but not too difficult to see why we’re at this point.
Muffett had an incredible run, especially as now the Womens game is much more competitive. I mean for years it was just UCON and TENN and then ND came into the mix. The last 5 years have brought half a dozen programs that can win the championship. And more that are really competitive. 10 years ago ND would only lose maybe 2-3 games at worst for a full season including the tournament. And they would be beating 3/4 of the teams they played by like 20 points or more.

The game as it is now is so much more interesting with so many more teams that can go toe to toe with anyone.

ND women lose again ,this time to BC 75-65. No improvement . As good a coach as McGraw , something went awry .Losins last years starting 5 ,was there a plan for the future or it wasn 't thought out ? Brunelle , Peoples ,Gilbert are players so is Walker. M. Snizek play terrible. Vaughn is okay , but not dominant like some of the other college post players. Team doesn't gel

Mc Graw did go after some top high school players L. Amhere from Canada .she chose South Carolina .there were others . In the 2020 class thought the #1 player Buechers would head to south bend ,instead of UConn. Even though we supposedly have the #3 ranked class along with this years young freshmen class ,hope they can bring us back to top 10 ranking

Still surprised how poorly this years team is playing , but I loved watching the girls play these past years .always root for them ,no matter and hoping for some turn around.

Muffett had an incredible run, especially as now the Womens game is much more competitive. I mean for years it was just UCON and TENN and then ND came into the mix. The last 5 years have brought half a dozen programs that can win the championship. And more that are really competitive. 10 years ago ND would only lose maybe 2-3 games at worst for a full season including the tournament. And they would be beating 3/4 of the teams they played by like 20 points or more.

The game as it is now is so much more interesting with so many more teams that can go toe to toe with anyone.

excellent analysis

ND women lose again ,this time to BC 75-65. No improvement . As good a coach as McGraw , something went awry .Losins last years starting 5 ,was there a plan for the future or it wasn 't thought out ? Brunelle , Peoples ,Gilbert are players so is Walker. M. Snizek play terrible. Vaughn is okay , but not dominant like some of the other college post players. Team doesn't gel

Mc Graw did go after some top high school players L. Amhere from Canada .she chose South Carolina .there were others . In the 2020 class thought the #1 player Buechers would head to south bend ,instead of UConn. Even though we supposedly have the #3 ranked class along with this years young freshmen class ,hope they can bring us back to top 10 ranking

Still surprised how poorly this years team is playing , but I loved watching the girls play these past years .always root for them ,no matter and hoping for some turn around.
Transfers and injuries. ND had a bad run of luck there in the last couple of years. Really do not see what Muffett could have done. You cannot cover every possible contingency. Its not like football where you can have 2-3 backups at each position. No one can recruit that deep in basketball; not even UCON. IF they got hit with what we had to deal with they would be in the same boast.

I've been attending NDWBB games since the 90s... season ticket holder since 2001 Championship season. I have the utmost respect for Muffet and her ability. Her little fingernail has forgotten more about coaching than I will ever know.

That said, some of this does fall on her. When Boley and Patberg left, the writing was on the wall for this season to have a thin team. There should have been more effort to bring in not just better quality players but more players. This team can't continue to practice against a squad of walk-ons and expect to get better.

Still surprised , not having a better shooting team . Believe that McGraw expected this team would be better ,hasn't materialized so far .

Need to recruit top end talent across the board the next few years. Gonna be tough to get back. Gotta work and out recruit the other top programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT