ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Football: About that Jack Swarbrick email concerning the Ludwig fallout...

This little blog post sums it up. Don't really care about the details, or who is to blame. Whatever... ND was tasked with getting a great OC, this one time, in this one situation which is more critical than most, so much riding on it. Just come through.... Pay the money, have your ducks in a row, do the legwork... Do what you need to do.

And instead we get the worst case scenario, along with this odd, embarrassing little episode, and Jack Swarbrick is forced to release a carefully worded response, I guess to save face even though it probably makes things even worse on that score. Just draws more attention to what a clusterF it was, and he was the guy overseeing it, in case anyone was wondering.

Reactions: theskibro
My college football coaching experience, none, gives me 0 qualifications to choose a coaching staff.

My concern is the support of Coach Freeman. In the end all I want to hear from CMF is the unversity has my back. Negotiations could have been better from both sides but in the end I am excited with my staff.

Think about it. He now has the staff his own staff. His passion and message needs to be reinforced by his coaches. If he is ok, I am ok.

Laughed when I read a tweet from one of the reporters on the NDFB beat. ND should have an endowed coach on the Cincinnati staff.

The next Freeman press conference will be must watch...at least on the replay.

Thanks for making sense of all this. As always Eric is the man!

Reactions: NDinNJ and Kelso86
My college football coaching experience, none, gives me 0 qualifications to choose a coaching staff.

My concern is the support of Coach Freeman. In the end all I want to hear from CMF is the unversity has my back. Negotiations could have been better from both sides but in the end I am excited with my staff.

Think about it. He now has the staff his own staff. His passion and message needs to be reinforced by his coaches. If he is ok, I am ok.

Laughed when I read a tweet from one of the reporters on the NDFB beat. ND should have an endowed coach on the Cincinnati staff.

I do not foresee the next Marcus Freeman PC as a "must watch..." If he is smart, which he is, he will have carefully scripted answers that are fair to both the Notre Dame Admin, and Andy Ludwig. We will never know the actual truth to any of this.

Think about it. He now has the staff his own staff.
You don't know that.
just as you started your post off with not experience coaching, etc...

You don't know if he really has "his guys"
While these might not be arranged marriages I highly doubt JS came to Freeman after Rees and HH bailed and said here is the checkbook, he is my nod of approval, get whomever you want.
Yeah that definitely didn't happen.

Freeman in his next presser will be very Tomlinesque and that won't tell us anything.

All I can say is I hope he got his guys.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Still have to wait and see how o line coach hire will be handled. I hope it is a very good hire with experience and abilities in coaching and recruiting. A new rookie guy is not the answer.

This little blog post sums it up. Don't really care about the details, or who is to blame. Whatever... ND was tasked with getting a great OC, this one time, in this one situation which is more critical than most, so much riding on it. Just come through.... Pay the money, have your ducks in a row, do the legwork... Do what you need to do.

And instead we get the worst case scenario, along with this odd, embarrassing little episode, and Jack Swarbrick is forced to release a carefully worded response, I guess to save face even though it probably makes things even worse on that score. Just draws more attention to what a clusterF it was, and he was the guy overseeing it, in case anyone was wondering.
NO, no one is wondering.

It was your idol, Kelly who is responsible for any and all debacles due to the timing of him jumping ship.

STOP trying to shift the blame away from Kelly and over to Swarbrick.

Swarbrick did nothing wrong ……… except trust Kelly when Kelly declared to a national audience that he was staying at Notre Dame.

Anyone who defends the manner and timing of Kelly’s jumping ship is a total tool

NO, no one is wondering.

It was your idol, Kelly who is responsible for any and all debacles due to the timing of him jumping ship.

STOP trying to shift the blame away from Kelly and over to Swarbrick.

Swarbrick did nothing wrong ……… except trust Kelly when Kelly declared to a national audience that he was staying at Notre Dame.

Anyone who defends the manner and timing of Kelly’s jumping ship is a total tool
I don't care how BK left...

He left.

I have a feeling that was the only way he was going to leave...so good riddance.

I don't care how BK left...

He left.

I have a feeling that was the only way he was going to leave...so good riddance.
So you don‘t care that the timimg of Kelly’s departure put ND in a huge hole ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT