ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame 13.0 - Over Syracuse

I'd take 'Cuse and 13. ND vary rarely covers and lets be honest any team playing ND right now is good for 25 pts at a minimum.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
where you have a team where the staff is justifiably under fire and throwing the players under the bus combined with the players pointing fingers at other players is a team that is totally unpredictable.

Hopefully the attention to detail will return and players can now let loose on the Orange. I'm optimistic that ND will cover the spread.

Reactions: Bodizephax
That is crazy. What have they been watching ? Syracuse does not have the greatest defense , but they can score points. And they will. You can be sure of that. Watch out for #7 , Amba Etta -Tawo. And the Q.B. Dungey. They should have a field day with the no pass rush , no secondary coverage Irish. Let's hope N.D. can put up enough points to pull this one out before a huge N.J./ N.Y. crowd. But do not give 13 points. That is crazy.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
That is crazy. What have they been watching ? Syracuse does not have the greatest defense , but they can score points. And they will. You can be sure of that. Watch out for #7 , Amba Etta -Tawo. And the Q.B. Dungey. They should have a field day with the no pass rush , no secondary coverage Irish. Let's hope N.D. can put up enough points to pull this one out before a huge N.J./ N.Y. crowd. But do not give 13 points. That is crazy.
I don't think ND's offense has played its best game yet - this team is capable of scoring a lot of points - I just think they rebound from the Duke debacle.

Prediction: ND will blow out a crappie Syracuse team by 3 or more touchdowns. But they will struggle with everyone else on the schedule.

Hopefully the attention to detail will return and players can now let loose on the Orange. I'm optimistic that ND will cover the spread.
Yeah, I kind of feel like we win big this week. We are mad and looking for some redemption. Similar to Ole Miss this past Saturday, who put a whompin' on Georgia after blowing 21 point leads in two games. Irish 41 - 21.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I would be more cautious if this game was in The carrier Dome, but, it's not. There should be many Irish fans at the game for support. Yes, ND will score a bunch against a bad Cuse defense. Perhaps the defense can let loose and react without too much thinking. Cuse is really a true up tempo offense who throws a ton.

our irish have one of the best offenses in the country with the only main issue being not able to run more often and should be able to put thirty plus on the cuse and most of our opponents left but if the defense doesn't get better then it'll be shootouts on the field the rest of the way and I think the pressure of having to win every game on your own because your defense isn't helping is starting to effect kizer and maybe that is why he made so many mistakes saturday

our irish have one of the best offenses in the country with the only main issue being not able to run more often and should be able to put thirty plus on the cuse and most of our opponents left but if the defense doesn't get better then it'll be shootouts on the field the rest of the way and I think the pressure of having to win every game on your own because your defense isn't helping is starting to effect kizer and maybe that is why he made so many mistakes saturday
I still can't believe the running game isn't better - I thought we had a couple of big tight ends who could block and help out.

I watched the two Syracuse losses against USF and Louisville and I came away with a pretty positive opinion of their offense. Their D is not very good but I wouldn't expect NDs to magically become decent in a week. So I think it will be high scoring shootout.

anyone know anything about Syr.?

how doe the orangeman prepare for ND's defense?

the only thing for certain is to get reps for the PAT's

have seen the cuse play pers and there not very good but unless our defense improves they'll make there offense look like it is from a top 25 ranked team and our irish will have to be in another shootout when they should blowout this cuse team with a decent defense helping out a very good irish offense

where you have a team where the staff is justifiably under fire and throwing the players under the bus combined with the players pointing fingers at other players is a team that is totally unpredictable.
At what point do the players have to take some blame in losing? Just wondering what your answer would be?

well, assuming the players want to win, I don't fault the players as long as the effort is there. Only the players know the answer to that.

But what we have seen is a poorly prepared team. The players rely on their staff to prepare them.

The players failed to execute an ill fated scheme because the scheme was impossible to excute.

So, you are left with deciding the answer to your question, yourself.

At what point do the players have to take some blame in losing? Just wondering what your answer would be?
my 2 cents. It's very difficult at this point to determine what players simply are not good and what players are just a product of poor coaching. Let me explain.

When we see every S for the last 2 years and 4 games blow coverage I find it impossible to believe that every single S we have had in that time is terrible. When we see CB, S and LB arguing about coverage after a big play for 2+ years I simply cannot believe they all are too stupid to understand their assignments. When we see DL and LB scrambling to line up properly before a snap for 2+ years, again, I cannot believe they are all stupid.

Let's hope Kizer doesn't start turning the ball over because if he does that will be the 4th QB under Kelly that has been bitten by the TO bug. At some point it stops becoming their problem and a problem with the way they are coached. CFB is simply too sophisticated now to simply send out 11 guys tell the to play hard and expect results.

Reactions: cgvr
My fingers apparently doesn't catch with my brain. That doesn't say much for me. and a T in the right location would be fitting. LOL
Seriously, I would like to hear from "board" coaches on how they would stop Syr 171 ypg receiver... under these "new" circumstances.....

Seriously, I would like to hear from "board" coaches on how they would stop Syr 171 ypg receiver... under these "new" circumstances.....

You have to stop the run, put 6-7/in the box, press coverage, blitz and man up.
Spread teams attack safeties, The problem is our safeties are step above suck so I have no confidence. Also As Lou Holtz would say about these hurry teams. Stop them or limit first down yards especially. Then they will start to play normal.

Reactions: cgvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT