ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina State women 90 ,Notre dame 56

Well I do follow the women's team .What have the men done lately ,past few years

Don't presume to speak for anyone but yourself. A lot of use here follow the women's basketball team.

Yes, this thread appears to be chalked full of interest.

Its not realistic to expect people be interested in teams that can be easily dispatched by a pick up squad assembled at the local YMCA.

Title IX is such a drag on the general economy and a drain on all universities funds.

A nauseating propped up activity that serves no real purpose in the advancement of commerce.

Its not realistic to expect people be interested in teams that can be easily dispatched by a pick up squad assembled at the local YMCA.

Title IX is such a drag on the general economy and a drain on all universities funds.

A nauseating propped up activity that serves no real purpose in the advancement of commerce.

You know what? If you are not interested, go on to the next thread. Don't be a dick.

Sounds like something Woodrow Wilson would have said, You would belong in his cabinet.

Or as an advisor to Louis Farakham

Or maybe friend to the local Grand Wizard.

Don't be a dick.

Please abstain from such vulgarities.

Especially when one was merely stating a fact regarding the stand alone financial viability of the activity.

I would prefer the money be used elsewhere such as for actual educational ventures. Or perhaps to reduce concessions at the football games.

As it stands now, it is a pointless endeavor.
The conduct of which costs more money than it earns. A truly baffling phenomenon.

Please abstain from such vulgarities.

Especially when one was merely stating a fact regarding the stand alone financial viability of the activity.

I would prefer the money be used elsewhere such as for actual educational ventures. Or perhaps to reduce concessions at the football games.

As it stands now, it is a pointless endeavor.
The conduct of which costs more money than it earns. A truly baffling phenomenon.

Your political opinions are not facts.

Sounds like something Woodrow Wilson would have said, You would belong in his cabinet.

Or as an advisor to Louis Farakham

Or maybe friend to the local Grand Wizard.

Swing...

and a miss!

Scurry along, I believe Bingo Nite festivities are about to ensue.

G-14.........Bingo!!!

Your political opinions are not facts.

So it be your assertion that the women's college basketball program is a net profit generating endeavor for the university?

If you have never attended a game I can tell you that the turnstiles are not exactly turning at a rapid pace.

Surely you are not this naive and surely you do not believe you can pass your side of the matter off with any truth or integrity.

Please cease with this disingenuous line of discourse.

So it be your assertion that the women's college basketball program is a net profit generating endeavor for the university?

If you have never attended a game I can tell you that the turnstiles are not exactly turning at a rapid pace.

Surely you are not this naive and surely you do not believe you can pass your side of the matter off with any truth or integrity.

As I said earlier, if you dont like it, that's too bad. Enough of your condescending BS.

Not a miss at all. Right on the money.

Again, please cease with the disingenuous nature of your posting.

I'm simply noting that the women's basketball team generates no net profit and is not a viable stand alone activity.

It serves no real purpose but to accommodate a sparse percentage of the general enrollment at the cost of endeavors that could be more beneficial to the university, economy, and society as a whole.

It is by its very definition a useless and propped up activity that is totally arbitrary and serves no purpose.

They may as well just activate a Chutes and Ladders program. It would make a similar amount of sense.

Again, please cease with the disingenuous nature of your posting.

I'm simply noting that the women's basketball team generates no net profit and is not a viable stand alone activity.

It serves no real purpose but to accommodate a sparse percentage of the general enrollment at the cost of endeavors that could be more beneficial to the university, economy, and society as a whole.

It is by its very definition a useless and propped up activity that is totally arbitrary and serves no purpose.

They may as well just activate a Chutes and Ladders program. It would make a similar amount of sense.

What a pompous ass you are. Just full of yourself.

Honest question. Have you ever attended an ND women’s basketball game?

As I said earlier, if you dont like it, that's too bad. Enough of your condescending BS.

I feel you are being too critical of the matter.

You must not expect us all to partake in a level of interest of such a boring spectator sport.

Should you prefer to find others that hold similar interest on the matter there is a pretty spirited board solely focused on the women's basketball program on ND Nation. You might find much enjoyment on it.

But as it stands here, we try our best to keep the excess clutter to a minimum and focus primarily on the football program.

Let's see... They won a National Championship and captured the imagination of the country. Friend of mine in ND fundraising said they did more for the U that year than the football team!

You are embarrassing yourself. Your mom's calling -- it's beddy-time.

I feel you are being too critical of the matter.

You must not expect us all to partake in a level of interest of such a boring spectator sport.

Should you prefer to find others that hold similar interest on the matter there is a pretty spirited board solely focused on the women's basketball program on ND Nation. You might find much enjoyment on it.

But as it stands here, we try our best to keep the excess clutter to a minimum and focus primarily on the football program.

The only clutter I see here is your posts.

Honest question. Have you ever attended an ND women’s basketball game?

Heavens, No! Are you thick?

Why would I willingly submit myself to such a mind numbing activity? Much less part with the $7.50 to gain admittance, even if that sum were to secure me front row viewing rights.

The only attendees at women's basketball games are the elderly (they find it much easier to track the activity due to its slow pace) and other females. Or perhaps a male who must submit to their partner's requests in order to overcome other shortcomings such as lack of financial success or a non-symetrical face or perhaps a waistline exceeding 34 inches. Thankfully, I find myself not to be counted amongst any of those groups.

Friend of mine in ND fundraising said they did more for the U that year than the football team!

Lolzzzzz, I no doubt considering the head coach of the football program and the general sentiment and opinion of the masses regarding the fitness of him to lead the program.

Of all the data points I have collected against Kelly the past ten years, this fact might be most damning yet.

Perhaps this hasn't been a waste of the board afterall.

Even when we hadn't intended to speak on the matter, we yet still stumble upon evidence of Kelly's incompetence.

Such a gem to procure on a leisurely Sunday night!

A nice way to unwind the evening after, unironically, having to tediously debate with my wife and daughter about the pointlessness of her pursuing athletic endeavors. I finally had to submit to providing her with a higher monthly allotment of phone data to put the matter to rest. You have to love the lack negotiating prowess that a nine year old posseses.

Lolzzzzz, I no doubt considering the head coach of the football program and the general sentiment and opinion of the masses regarding the fitness of him to lead the program.

Of all the data points I have collected against Kelly the past ten years, this fact might be most damning yet.

Perhaps this hasn't been a waste of the board afterall.

Even when we hadn't intended to speak on the matter, we yet still stumble upon evidence of Kelly's incompetence.

Such a gem to procure on a leisurely Sunday night!

A nice way to unwind the evening after, unironically, having to tediously debate with my wife and daughter about the pointlessness of her pursuing athletic endeavors. I finally had to submit to providing her with a higher monthly allotment of phone data to put the matter to rest. You have to love the lack negotiating prowess that a nine year old posseses.

Man, what a blowhard.

Please mind the clutter.

No one here concerns themselves with women's basketball.

@Rich Starkey correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't people be allowed to post OT threads and not be called out for it?

I was told that discouraging people to not posts OTs was poor taste and if I dont like it simply don't click on it and do not participate.

Maybe @deadprez3 wasnt around when I learned my lesson and he should be made aware that if he doesn't like a topic he shouldn't respond. Why feel the need to discourage people from posting?

Man, what a blowhard.

So glad I was blessed with a father that taught me to throw a football, showed me a proper batting stance and put up a basketball goal for me. Thank God, I didn't get stuck with the likes of this blowhard. :D

As long as I have been on this board it has been an Irish sports board all Irish sports can be posted about.

So glad I was blessed with a father that taught me to throw a football, showed me a proper batting stance and put up a basketball goal for me. Thank God, I didn't get stuck with the likes of this blowhard. :D

As long as I have been on this board it has been an Irish sports board all Irish sports can be posted about.

Alice, you were indeed blessed.

Swing...

and a miss!

Scurry along, I believe Bingo Nite festivities are about to ensue.

G-14.........Bingo!!!
Not surprised you are unable to understand the references.

But then again those with room temperature IQ's like yourself are usually good for a laugh.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Lets keep this thread going taking the very easy cheap shots at the moron; the longer the thread lasts the more direct insult to him it is.

Lets keep this thread going taking the very easy cheap shots at the moron; the longer the thread lasts the more direct insult to him it is.

I will say — and I don’t like saying it because of my respect and admiration for Muffet — it is a stunning fall from Grace this year. That said, a mulligan is in order and every coach has a few bumps along the way.

I expect she will right the ship. I expect this to be an aberration. I expect her to fix the bleeding

I am surprised by the gravity of the fall this year. But my only disappointment with Muffet ever —. was her comment about hiring only females. While I support her right to do that and her belief in doing that — it was damn foolhardy to say it publicly.

And thanks for posting an OT on w basketball. If nothing else it has exposed the morons among us

Reactions: Catholicfan95
I will say — and I don’t like saying it because of my respect and admiration for Muffet — it is a stunning fall from Grace this year. That said, a mulligan is in order and every coach has a few bumps along the way.

I expect she will right the ship. I expect this to be an aberration. I expect her to fix the bleeding

I am surprised by the gravity of the fall this year. But my only disappointment with Muffet ever —. was her comment about hiring only females. While I support her right to do that and her belief in doing that — it was damn foolhardy to say it publicly.

And thanks for posting an OT on w basketball. If nothing else it has exposed the morons among us
I think muffet lost all five, or four of five, starters off last season’s team. She also lost two high school all Americans who chose to transfer rather than waiting and sitting behind the starting five. The cupboard is pretty young and bare this year as a result, and it’s going to be at least another year, more likely two, before she has successfully restocked the roster. To me, the important metric this year is whether the team is significantly better at seasons end than the start. This is a year of growth and development, and next year will be as well. I love ND women’s basketball and I thoroughly respect and admire Muffet as our head coach, and I look forward to our next National championship before she calls it quits.

@Rich Starkey correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't people be allowed to post OT threads and not be called out for it?

I was told that discouraging people to not posts OTs was poor taste and if I dont like it simply don't click on it and do not participate.

Maybe @deadprez3 wasnt around when I learned my lesson and he should be made aware that if he doesn't like a topic he shouldn't respond. Why feel the need to discourage people from posting?
You can post OT threads as long as they're within the rules. Womens basketball however is not an OT thread, and if the poster doesnt want to read it, then dont open it.

It would be an administrative nightmare to try to categorize all threads into OT and otherwise. Unfortunately we rely on common sense, a commodity in short supply these days.

Last edited:
ND's women's basketball has probably enjoyed better TV ratings than the men's team since the ACC basketball deal (worth about $10 million per school per year) was signed. My guess is the women make a larger profit than the men. They also probably make more money than the men's hockey team.

deadprez is basing his hot take on fans in the seats this year alone. That is a very small part of the story.

Heavens, No! Are you thick?

Why would I willingly submit myself to such a mind numbing activity? Much less part with the $7.50 to gain admittance, even if that sum were to secure me front row viewing rights.

The only attendees at women's basketball games are the elderly (they find it much easier to track the activity due to its slow pace) and other females. Or perhaps a male who must submit to their partner's requests in order to overcome other shortcomings such as lack of financial success or a non-symetrical face or perhaps a waistline exceeding 34 inches. Thankfully, I find myself not to be counted amongst any of those groups.
Interesting, you said no, but then gave me the socioeconomic breakdown of the crowd. Hmmmm??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT