ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs North Carolina predictions

This is sort of my take. Brown's experience versus Freeman's lack thereof. Brown has had terrific offenses at North Carolina, but lousy defenses. Last year, our defense gave up chunk play after chunk play, but fortunately so did theirs.

I can see Carolina winning going away, but I'll argue that ND puts up a little more of a fight and goes down something closer to 38-27.
The Mack Brown coaching acumen is another myth on this board. So many posters listen to mods that make statements that aren’t backed in fact

Mack Brown since he returned to UNC in his second stint, is 24-18

- 2019 was 7-6
- 2020 was 8-4
- 2021 was 6-7
- this year they ran up scores against App State, Florida A+M, Georgia State.
- he is 0-3 against ND the past 3 years

His teams, like today, are soft on defense and plagued by lack of discipline. He won once when he had the best QB in Vince Young. He is a great recruiter but not a great coach

Reactions: christophero
The Mack Brown coaching acumen is another myth on this board. So many posters listen to mods that make statements that aren’t backed in fact

Mack Brown since he returned to UNC in his second stint, is 24-18

- 2019 was 7-6
- 2020 was 8-4
- 2021 was 6-7
- this year they ran up scores against App State, Florida A+M, Georgia State.
- he is 0-3 against ND the past 3 years

His teams, like today, are soft on defense and plagued by lack of discipline. He won once when he had the best QB in Vince Young. He is a great recruiter but not a great coach
Regardless, he's still been a head coach for how long? Playing at home with a great offense against a team that until the second quarter today looked like shit warmed over.

I was happy with just about everything ND did today except for a couple of defensive lapses on the second half TD passes.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
My judgement of the Freeman era comes down to this game. This is a must win. Recruits are on edge. The fan base is turning. The media is laughing at ND. Other coaches are salivating at the opportunity to play ND and get a signature win. The ship can get back on course this weekend or it can sink.

This game will answer the questions about the defense. UNC has a great offense. If the defense has greatly regressed, that again speaks to the lack of work MF has done. He's the defensive "mastermind" that was hired as head coach.

UNC is 123rd in the nation in total defense. If Drew Pyne cannot have a field day against that, I think we will lose the remainder of our games sans Navy and UNLV. a 3-9 record should be met with immediate termination of employment.
So, where do you stand at this point?

I think our coaching staff is desperate to allow every team we play an opportunity to get back in it.

Yes. The outcome of the game was never in doubt at the end of the game, despite the garbage TD by NC.
There is a pattern with this staff about not finishing games. They should not have had so many huge plays. It should’ve been a blowout. It’s okay to notice the issues and be happy with a win at the same time.

I think our coaching staff is desperate to allow every team we play an opportunity to get back in it.
"I think our coaching staff is desperate to allow every team we play an opportunity to get back in it."

You know, you are right -- I am sure Freeman and Golden have a plan in place that when ND gets up by 21 points or better, Golden tells the defense to relax a bit so that the opponent can go down and score to make it closer ..

"I think our coaching staff is desperate to allow every team we play an opportunity to get back in it."

You know, you are right -- I am sure Freeman and Golden have a plan in place that when ND gets up by 21 points or better, Golden tells the defense to relax a bit so that the opponent can go down and score to make it closer ..
Agree. Seems that way.

Agree. Seems that way.
"Agree. Seems that way."

Now -- what you are not getting from my comment is a severe hint of sarcasm and I could not add a face palm to the end of my sentence -- what you wrote might have been one of the dumbest things you posted -- and you have some classics.

Regardless, he's still been a head coach for how long? Playing at home with a great offense against a team that until the second quarter today looked like shit warmed over.

I was happy with just about everything ND did today except for a couple of defensive lapses on the second half TD passes.
point being....he is overrated.

👍

ADVERTISEMENT