ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Coleman Is the best DB on either team...

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
At least that is what he needs to believe. You have to play the Corner position with BIG time confidence. Yes, Nick looked really bad and out of place against Texas. However, keep in mind this was his first real game in the spot light. Was his performance due to a lack of physical talent? Or was it due to the mental pressure? I am going to say it was the ladder. Bottom line is, the kid can play. He also played RB in high school. This tells me he can move his hips well in coverage. He played football in Ohio. Even though it was division 4, he played at Archbishop. Big time football school in Ohio.
He was in perfect position on the one play he gave up against Nevada but he slipped on the way up. I am now the biggest Nick Coleman fan on this board. I love the underdog story. I love when people count someone out and the person turns around and shocks the world. Let's go NC! Play the game! Shock the world!

Has a corner ever done so bad and then turned it around? He just has been getting flat out beat in man coverage. Stud corners are stud corners all through their football career until they start losing a step like Revis island. Coleman is young and bad, concerned he's this years Joe because we lost Crawford and he knows the D. Ugh

We have either not seen enough of him, or we have seen too much of him.

It comes down to physical capabilities - what are his limitations because all the 'know' won't overcome that.

Has a corner ever done so bad and then turned it around? He just has been getting flat out beat in man coverage. Stud corners are stud corners all through their football career until they start losing a step like Revis island. Coleman is young and bad, concerned he's this years Joe because we lost Crawford and he knows the D. Ugh

One bad game against Texas. Know can say at this point he is a wash on this team.

Reactions: perseverare
Coleman is going to be a good player at ND. He is playing one of the toughest positions in the game. He will get better and better.

We have either not seen enough of him, or we have seen too much of him.

It comes down to physical capabilities - what are his limitations because all the 'know' won't overcome that.
Nick Coleman's struggles have nothing to do with physical limitations; He is faster than Cole Luke.

Isn't he a true sophomore?! Not willing to give up quickly on him. Harrison Smith was an ND message board whipping boy until his Senior year.

I was not aware Luke was the prototype or benchmark for CB's.
Thanks for sharing that.
Luke is prob the strongest 4 year contributor in the secondary @ ND in a long time. Just pointing out, he doesn't struggle and he may not be as athletically gifted or 'limited' as Coleman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT