ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft- Notre Dame

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Predictions on where Nelson & McGlinchey go

Nelson- #6 to Colts

McGlinchey- #17 to Chargers

Oh, I hope McGlinchey doesn't go to the Bengals. I've lived in Cincinnati all my life (sadly) aside from college, and he would be the equivalent of Joe Thomas wasting his talents on our franchise. I'd rather see him go to the Broncos, Raiders, San Francisco, Washington.

What about St. Brown? Any idea where he will go?
I don't follow the draft that closely, but I haven't heard much about him. He had a good combine from media reports so I'd guess he will go sometime on Saturday. But honestly it may be better for him to sign as an undrafted free agent. I could be wrong, but I believe that would allow him more flexibility and upward mobility contract-wise than being a 5-6-7th round pick.

Reactions: wiu86
I don't follow the draft that closely, but I haven't heard much about him. He had a good combine from media reports so I'd guess he will go sometime on Saturday. But honestly it may be better for him to sign as an undrafted free agent. I could be wrong, but I believe that would allow him more flexibility and upward mobility contract-wise than being a 5-6-7th round pick.
Falcons need a #3 WR/Slot guy who is capable of possibly moving up to #2 when Sanu eventually departs. ESB has been mentioned by a few people here as a guy who might be around in rounds 4 or 5 and might be a good fit for that role.

being an undrafted free agent is never better than being a 5th or 6th round pick. signing bonus money still decent there. now being an UFA is better than a late 7th rd pick as the player has some say so into the situation he is entering.

being an undrafted free agent is never better than being a 5th or 6th round pick. signing bonus money still decent there. now being an UFA is better than a late 7th rd pick as the player has some say so into the situation he is entering.
That makes sense.

Reports are now out saying Baker Mayfield will be the #1 pick to the browns. Huge mistake. Let me also go on record that Saquon Barkley will be the biggest RB bust since Trent Richardson

EQ saw Claypool and Boykin development so got out now before his minutes were reduced. I think that is a good move on his part and actually is favorable to the Irish as I like those two better than EQ.
So......reduced minutes because of better players in front of you......but you still think you're better off trying for the NFL???

I don't think this played into it at all.

Reports are now out saying Baker Mayfield will be the #1 pick to the browns. Huge mistake. Let me also go on record that Saquon Barkley will be the biggest RB bust since Trent Richardson
I'll take that bet on Barkley.

Shall we say $100??

Reports by people who are guessing. No one knows who Cleveland will take until tonight.

I'll guess also:
1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield
4. Chubb
5. Allen
6. Nelson
7. Ward
8. Smith
9. McGlinchey
10. Fitzpatrick

If the Bills trade up to #4 they'll take Allen, the Broncos at #5 will take Chubb or Nelson. The Colts at #6 will take whoever the Broncos don't take. Colts will get one of their top three - Barkley, Chubb or Nelson.

Barkley seems like a sure thing.... similar to Fournette who had a great year as a rookie.... thing is Kumara had a better year as a rookie and was taken in what the 2nd or 3rd round?

Barkley seems like a sure thing.... similar to Fournette who had a great year as a rookie.... thing is Kumara had a better year as a rookie and was taken in what the 2nd or 3rd round?
I really really don't like Barkley's vision. That just screams Trent Richardson to me. Sony Michel will be a stud he sees the hole and boom gets 5 yards easy while breaking 2 or 3 runs a game. Guice is a stud as well.

I really really don't like Barkley's vision. That just screams Trent Richardson to me. Sony Michel will be a stud he sees the hole and boom gets 5 yards easy while breaking 2 or 3 runs a game. Guice is a stud as well.
I think regardless of what you think of Barkley, teams believe they can get equal or better talent in the later rounds..... I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip (only to like 10th overall-ish).

Glad to see mcglinchey go to a team where he'll start out at right tackle. I think he's much better suited there.

Kamara was in a offense that fit his strengths. It was a perfect fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT