ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting New Notre Dame 2025 LB target Antoine Deslauriers a fan of program culture

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame football defensive graduate assistant Max Bullough offered 2025 linebacker Antoine Deslauriers last week at Rabun Gap (Ga.) Nacoochee. Deslauriers, originally from Canada, moved to the U.S. last summer to play competitive football.

Deslauriers has 17 total offers including Auburn, Duke, Florida State, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (Fla.), Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas A&M. He finished his junior season with 72 tackles including 18 for loss, four quarterback hurries, two sacks, three interceptions and two forced fumbles.

Per Rivals, Deslauriers is currently unrated and unranked. His last recorded measurements have him at 6-foot-2, 225-pounds. Deslauriers said Bullough talked about getting him up to campus for a visit this spring but no date has been set yet.

I spoke with Deslauriers on Tuesday evening to discuss his offer, skill set, thoughts on Notre Dame's past with Canadian players and more.

On his offer:

"I was thrilled about it. I think it comes from the fact not only that this is a big-time program, not only for football but also for academics," Deslauriers told Inside ND Sports. "Being a Canadian football player and having the chance to be recognized by such [a] prestigious program is absolutely phenomenal. I'm honored by it."

On ND's history with Canadians and recently signing Sean Sevillano Jr, Devan Houstan and Armel Mukam:

"There's something that I like about it ... the fact that they already had Canadian players is just showing that they know how to deal with it maybe [the] best. For me, it won't be such a difference because I would have already learned how to play football in the states."

On play style and what he could bring to a college program:

"I'm a physical football player. I think I can stop somebody running by me and really deliver that blow. I can get from sideline to sideline pretty quickly ... reading plays and everything. As far as how I fit in, in my I believe I'm positive. I'm not that loud outside the field, I prefer leading by example. If you talk to any of my coaches, that's what they'll say. I'm always trying to do the right thing. I won't be the loudest outside of the field but on the field, I'll talk and I'll be vocal."

Deslauriers self-reports a 4.08 GPA and said academics will be a main factor in his recruitment because he was taught football doesn't last forever.

Link to full story;

Last edited:
Reactions: jmND86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News