ADVERTISEMENT

Need Parking help-----

Oct 1, 2001
Coming in to South Bend Sat. morning from Indianapolis, need to get back to Ind. as quick as poss. for a very early Sun. morn. flt. back to Atl., any help appreciated!

If you are going to Indy, you will probably want to park close to Highway 31 (also called 933) which is the main drag heading south. You may want to consider parking in the Burke Golf Course parking lot, which is just west of 31. It is a little steep (it used to cost $40 to park there, and may have even gone up), but it is a short walk to the stadium.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
If you are going to Indy, you will probably want to park close to Highway 31 (also called 933) which is the main drag heading south. You may want to consider parking in the Burke Golf Course parking lot, which is just west of 31. It is a little steep (it used to cost $40 to park there, and may have even gone up), but it is a short walk to the stadium.
Thx for the info.

Do they still have parking over by the old St. Joe HS at the corner of 31 and Angela? That would be perfect. Other than that, the Burke Parking off Angela will get you on to 31 South relatively quickly.

Do they still have parking over by the old St. Joe HS at the corner of 31 and Angela? That would be perfect. Other than that, the Burke Parking off Angela will get you on to 31 South relatively quickly.
Those were the days....parking at St. Joe HS for $10, hopping on the shuttle which literally dropped you off at one of the stadium gates. Good times.

St. Joe HS is now demolished. Not sure if they still park cars there. Makes even more sense now that it's a big grass field.

I drive in from the Chicago airport on Saturday and will park for free off Angela Street in that neighborhood. I go to breakfast at the Morris Inn. Have done so for years and it's less than a 10 minute walk to the stadium and easy out to the South.

By early, he means Friday evening.
It is a night game...things do not fill in that early. There is a tire place down by the Martins Grocery store.... a good guy has been running parking there the last few years since they developed the lot on Twyckenham he used to operate at.

St Joe's is demolished? I have driven past there twice in the last month and never even noticed. Is the school closed or did they move?

Thanks 78. I only drive by that area every once in awhile to park in the Joyce Lot for non game day events. Didn't even notice the school was gone. I also used St Joes as a marker to help get me to Highland Cemetery where Knute and Bonnie rest in peace. Learn something everyday.

Those were the days....parking at St. Joe HS for $10, hopping on the shuttle which literally dropped you off at one of the stadium gates. Good times.

St. Joe HS is now demolished. Not sure if they still park cars there. Makes even more sense now that it's a big grass field.

Demolished? I know St. Joe had moved several years ago. But I recall seeing old St Joe the last time I visited my laughter in South Bend. When was it tore down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT