ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Misery

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
I just read that Nebraska has lost 27 straight games vs ranked opponents. Wow- I had no idea how mediocre/bad they have been.

• Wow
Reactions: NDinNJ
They do seem to be improving. They seem overdue for a resurgence. Oh wait they lost to Illinois? Never mind lol. I was offline last night.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYExtemper
Nebraska fires head coaches for too many 9-3 regular season records.

It’s National title or bust for the Lincoln fan base.

Top 25 wins don’t mean shit in Lincoln.
That is very true, though I believe due the continuous disappointments since those firings their expectations have scaled back a bit. At least that's the vibe I get from the locals

Nebraska fires head coaches for too many 9-3 regular season records.

It’s National title or bust for the Lincoln fan base.

Top 25 wins don’t mean shit in Lincoln.
Come on dude, you're really going to argue about this one too. Just ridiculous

Only an absolute idiot Nebraska fan would think a NC this year

You realize coming into this season they had lost 26 straight top 25 games. They haven't won more than 5 games since 2016. I'll repeat that, they haven't won more than 5 games since 2016.

There is ZERO chance they even have a shot at a NC this year. ZERO. LESS THAN ZERO.

For anyone to think it's National Title or bust this season for Nebraska (with a freshman QB) is absolutely ridiculous. Stupid. Ignorant. Moronic.

Come on man you have to be realistic. That was an insane statement. Just insane

That is very true, though I believe due the continuous disappointments since those firings their expectations have scaled back a bit. At least that's the vibe I get from the locals
A bit? Sure. End of the day, just like South Bend and the Notre Dame fan base, a national title is the annual goal in Lincoln and the Nebraska fan base. Not top 25 wins.

Nebraska's 90's dominance was long ago. At least we have been to two playoffs. They have been to zero, and haven't even been close. Since 2000 their biggest bowl win was the Gator Bowl. They did win the Fiesta Bowl in 2000, but that was the end of their run.

Nebraska's 90's dominance was long ago. At least we have been to two playoffs. They have been to zero, and haven't even been close. Since 2000 their biggest bowl win was the Gator Bowl. They did win the Fiesta Bowl in 2000, but that was the end of their run.
Tell that to Scott Frost, Mike Riley, Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini, and Frank Solich.

I never understood why Frank Solich was fired.

They've never recovered from the Solich firing. Things went off the rails for good when they brought in Bill Calahan who thought it was a great idea to turn Nebraska football into a West Coast offense. That was as stupid as Jim Mora trying to turn Michael Vick into a pocket passer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT