ADVERTISEMENT

ND youth camp

Bcollopy

Shakes Down The Thunder
Jan 23, 2014
I just returned home from youth day camp with my son. All the players were awesome with the kids. My son's highlight was meeting jaylon smith. He was great with my son. Joe Shmidt was another one that was AWESOME with the kids. Mike Sanford and I spoke for about 10 minutes and he was very nice guy.
After one of the days we saw Kizer and Nick Weisher working out on the practice field just getting some extra work in. Gate was open so we walked in and watched a little. after about 15 minutes they stopped the workouts and came to talk to my son Billy. They were very nice kids. They talked to us for about 15 minutes. Made Billys day. Later that evening I heard that the basketball team were going to play a pick up game basically at ROLF rec center. I went and watched this. This was awesome! I know it is just a scrimmage, but Rex Phlueger was UNREAL! He has such a smooth shot! He seems very confident too. it was fun watching DJ and vasturia go at it. They had 3 teams of 5 and winner stayed. Brey was there watching, but he cant coach. (only allowed 2 hours a week) Brey spoke to me and Billy for about 15 minutes. He was talking to Billy about cavs/warriors and he was also talking to me about the 3 freshmen and we spoke about the Kentucky game. it was a really cool experience. sorry to bore you with this, but this was a great experience and all the players my son met were awesome with him and just very nice kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News