ADVERTISEMENT

ND women

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
Point guard Marta Snizek just plain awful . She just dribbles around the perimeter.Marta should go back to the bench.Did she play a lot at Stanford? Missing Peoples,but still should have won the Duke game Passing awful. 25 turnovers

I'm a diehard ND girls basketball .this season hurts.and I don't care if Domers on this site brush me off

I’m a huge ND Women’s Hoops Supporter. This is a horrific season. The transfer out problem is a core issue. Muffett also has done one of her worst coaching jobs. When a team consistently makes the same mistakes.....coaching? It is just so weird , top tier teams don’t fall this far.

Hope it gets better.

I’m a huge ND Women’s Hoops Supporter. This is a horrific season. The transfer out problem is a core issue. Muffett also has done one of her worst coaching jobs. When a team consistently makes the same mistakes.....coaching? It is just so weird , top tier teams don’t fall this far.

Hope it gets better.
Sometimes players do not get better no matter how well they are coached.

When you look at her record overall, saying this is her bad coaching is not warranted by the available evidence.

As I have said before, this year was a perfect storm of everything bad that could possibly happen. A culmination of a couple of years of really bad things.

The one area I think Muffet can be legitimately taken to severe task over is all the recruits that transferred. THAT can only be put down to her and her staff's not correctly evaluating them. And also some of the players who are not improving; that can also be a factor.

I see Muffet broke down crying at the podium after the NC State game. That really support her bigoted, anti men, women should take over the world diatribe last year. lol!

MM has been rolling people in the Big East and ACC for quite awhile. But the minute she hits a bump in the road, she breaks down crying like Shelley Duvall in "The Shining".

She needs to keep her pie hole shut, stay in her lane and just try to fix the current mess that is ND Girls Hoops. She also needs to realize she is no Pat Summit and never will be. Heck she isn't even a Tara Vanderveer or Kim Mulkey.

I see Muffet broke down crying at the podium after the NC State game. That really support her bigoted, anti men, women should take over the world diatribe last year. lol!

MM has been rolling people in the Big East and ACC for quite awhile. But the minute she hits a bump in the road, she breaks down crying like Shelley Duvall in "The Shining".

She needs to keep her pie hole shut, stay in her lane and just try to fix the current mess that is ND Girls Hoops. She also needs to realize she is no Pat Summit and never will be. Heck she isn't even a Tara Vanderveer or Kim Mulkey.
You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.

S

hut up

He's just bitter about something. On his one man anti-Muffet crusade.

his comments degrading Muffets ability as a coach are wrong n misguided. I will attribute those comments to frustration. She is an excellent coach

he is one hundred per cent correct about Muffets bigoted comments. And this season likely would have been dismal no matter, but it gives many ammunition to cast its failure as retribution for words that should never have left her mouth

she will right the ship. Gonna take 2 years. So basically fall 2022 is when we compete again

his comments degrading Muffets ability as a coach are wrong n misguided. I will attribute those comments to frustration. She is an excellent coach

he is one hundred per cent correct about Muffets bigoted comments. And this season likely would have been dismal no matter, but it gives many ammunition to cast its failure as retribution for words that should never have left her mouth

she will right the ship. Gonna take 2 years. So basically fall 2022 is when we compete again
I am fine with Muffett going all out to assist other women coaching prospects. The minute affirmative action is made illegal then you can go after her stand.

I am fine with Muffett going all out to assist other women coaching prospects. The minute affirmative action is made illegal then you can go after her stand.
I have no issue with her stance. Men's college basketball gives zero opportunity to female coaches, no matter how qualified, while historically women's basketball has had many male coaches. She's going to do her part to make sure qualified women have an opportunity to coach at the highest level. So the three assistant coach spots on her staff are going to women. I don't see why that bothers anyone.

I have no issue with her stance. Men's college basketball gives zero opportunity to female coaches, no matter how qualified, while historically women's basketball has had many male coaches. She's going to do her part to make sure qualified women have an opportunity to coach at the highest level. So the three assistant coach spots on her staff are going to women. I don't see why that bothers anyone.
her chief attacker is mainly an ahole so its just fun to poke at him; but the others who apparently are not aware of how tough it is for female assistant coaches to make it need to do some research or shut up.

Reactions: echowaker
her chief attacker is mainly an ahole so its just fun to poke at him; but the others who apparently are not aware of how tough it is for female assistant coaches to make it need to do some research or shut up.

I do not think that is the case, at least for me. I think that what she is doing is not being a champion for womens equality, she is her taking a stance against men, and trust me there is a difference. She is using her platform to paint men in a bad light and draw a line in the sand, making the situation black and white/right or wrong, no middle ground. She is not making the situation better by being reasonable and rational, she is being completely divisive on the topic. To me that is an issue and she loses her credibility by acting the way she has. It is much like the US womens soccer team.

See equal pay does not mean equality, equal pay means everyone gets paid exactly what they are worth. If you look at ratings, ticket sales and tangible things in business ( Jersey sales, video games etc) it points to the clear fact that mens sports are more competitive and more entertaining. Now, you are telling me that women deserve the same money as men in sports because their records are better or they win world cups? Those things do not matter. The awful US mens soccer teams drives in more money than arguably the best womens team in the world (the US). The US mens team is worth more than the womens team and there are plenty of facts to prove that.

People do not want equality or equal opportunity, they want things handed to them to "level the playing field". It is ridiculous to me and I have taken several people to task on the matter because calling something how it is and seeing something from the standpoint of facts does not make someone anything other than rational and concise.

I do not think that is the case, at least for me. I think that what she is doing is not being a champion for womens equality, she is her taking a stance against men, and trust me there is a difference. She is using her platform to paint men in a bad light and draw a line in the sand, making the situation black and white/right or wrong, no middle ground. She is not making the situation better by being reasonable and rational, she is being completely divisive on the topic. To me that is an issue and she loses her credibility by acting the way she has. It is much like the US womens soccer team.

See equal pay does not mean equality, equal pay means everyone gets paid exactly what they are worth. If you look at ratings, ticket sales and tangible things in business ( Jersey sales, video games etc) it points to the clear fact that mens sports are more competitive and more entertaining. Now, you are telling me that women deserve the same money as men in sports because their records are better or they win world cups? Those things do not matter. The awful US mens soccer teams drives in more money than arguably the best womens team in the world (the US). The US mens team is worth more than the womens team and there are plenty of facts to prove that.

People do not want equality or equal opportunity, they want things handed to them to "level the playing field". It is ridiculous to me and I have taken several people to task on the matter because calling something how it is and seeing something from the standpoint of facts does not make someone anything other than rational and concise.

You could make an argument that Muffet has been worth every dime Mike Brey is worth .

Are their comp plans the same ?

Take your stupid spiel and stick it sideways. Where did anyone talk about money

UNTIL YOU DID

I see you have a problem with women teams shining. So take your problem and eat it.

You clearly know NOTHING about how tough it is for women to get assistant coaching positions but it gave you another opportunity to spew garbage.

You could make an argument that Muffet has been worth every dime Mike Brey is worth .

Are their comp plans the same ?

You could make that argument and I think it would be fair to make. I would hesitate to defend one side or the other though because without having revenue reports its hard to make the stance that one is equal to the other. Sure, Muffet has had great success, and just to be clear I have no dislike toward her I am just challenging her message, but did that national title run generate as much revenue as the back to back elite 8 teams Mike Brey had? I do not know, I could assume that the men did better but that would be my baseless assumption so it meaningless for me to even suggest that.

The University of Notre Dame spent $16,353,482 on women's teams and received $3,263,887 in revenue. On average, University of Notre Dame gave female athletes $17,678 in sports related student aid. There are 13 head coaches for women's teams. They make, on average, $239,924. They are supported by 25 assistant coaches who earn, on average, $74,982.

The University of Notre Dame spent $41,716,145 on men's teams and received $74,755,859 in revenue. On average, University of Notre Dame gave male athletes $20,849 in sports related student aid. There are 12 head coaches for men's teams. On average they make $331,767. They are supported by 32 assistant coaches who earn $176,362 on average.

Those are numbers from https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/university-of-notre-dame/student-life/sports/#secMen so it is the only thing I can tangibly base my opinion off of.

Take your stupid spiel and stick it sideways. Where did anyone talk about money

UNTIL YOU DID

I see you have a problem with women teams shining. So take your problem and eat it.

You clearly know NOTHING about how tough it is for women to get assistant coaching positions but it gave you another opportunity to spew garbage.

I am just bringing in facts to show reasons as to why it may be difficult. I have zero problem with "womens teams shinning" especially of the university I love and follow I love it. I am just seeing the topic for what it is.

I have never claimed to know how tough it is for anyone to get a job let alone women, but in that same light I am guessing you do? I think it is totally fair for me to ask questions, do research and have a mature discussion about it. I am not sure why you are getting so worked up and saying I am spewing garbage, nothing could be further from the truth when I am actually providing opinions based off of facts and clearly stating that.

You could make that argument and I think it would be fair to make. I would hesitate to defend one side or the other though because without having revenue reports its hard to make the stance that one is equal to the other. Sure, Muffet has had great success, and just to be clear I have no dislike toward her I am just challenging her message, but did that national title run generate as much revenue as the back to back elite 8 teams Mike Brey had? I do not know, I could assume that the men did better but that would be my baseless assumption so it meaningless for me to even suggest that.

The University of Notre Dame spent $16,353,482 on women's teams and received $3,263,887 in revenue. On average, University of Notre Dame gave female athletes $17,678 in sports related student aid. There are 13 head coaches for women's teams. They make, on average, $239,924. They are supported by 25 assistant coaches who earn, on average, $74,982.

The University of Notre Dame spent $41,716,145 on men's teams and received $74,755,859 in revenue. On average, University of Notre Dame gave male athletes $20,849 in sports related student aid. There are 12 head coaches for men's teams. On average they make $331,767. They are supported by 32 assistant coaches who earn $176,362 on average.

Those are numbers from https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/university-of-notre-dame/student-life/sports/#secMen so it is the only thing I can tangibly base my opinion off of.
all about money to you.

By the way just how many sports make money at ND?
Football obviously but who else?
You seem to worship the almighty dollar so tell me which teams make money?
According to you that is all that is important.

I am just bringing in facts to show reasons as to why it may be difficult. I have zero problem with "womens teams shinning" especially of the university I love and follow I love it. I am just seeing the topic for what it is.

I have never claimed to know how tough it is for anyone to get a job let alone women, but in that same light I am guessing you do? I think it is totally fair for me to ask questions, do research and have a mature discussion about it. I am not sure why you are getting so worked up and saying I am spewing garbage, nothing could be further from the truth when I am actually providing opinions based off of facts and clearly stating that.
Got a friend whose sister played Div 2 basketball and was pretty good. Managed to start 3 years for a winning program. She graduated with straight A's in 1995. She wanted to coach.
It took her 10 years to get an assistant position. It was sporadic for the next 8 years. Work a year or two; be off a year.
Finally in 2014 she got an assistant position that she has been able to keep. Every single coach she has worked for has given her a glowing recoomendation.
So shut up you POS.

all about money to you.

Speaking from a monetary stand point and what is the driving force for an entertainment industry, yes money is all that matters.

Here is a link to business insider that has a great chart https://www.businessinsider.com/college-sports-football-revenue-2017-10

Most sports, both men and women are money losers, that is not news to anyone. I think the problem here is your acting really emotional here and I am just trying to bring in tangible evidence to the topic to support my stance. Not sure how that makes me a POS?

Got a friend whose sister played Div 2 basketball and was pretty good. Managed to start 3 years for a winning program. She graduated with straight A's in 1995. She wanted to coach.
It took her 10 years to get an assistant position. It was sporadic for the next 8 years. Work a year or two; be off a year.
Finally in 2014 she got an assistant position that she has been able to keep. Every single coach she has worked for has given her a glowing recoomendation.
So shut up you POS.

That is unfortunate, a lot of that has to do with the lack of assist coaches that a womens team can realistically fund, that is the point I am trying to make. It is extremely competative due to the lack of opportunities in comparison to mens sports mainly due to the fact that mens teams can afford to carry more staff year to year.

That is unfortunate, a lot of that has to do with the lack of assist coaches that a womens team can realistically fund, that is the point I am trying to make. It is extremely competative due to the lack of opportunities in comparison to mens sports mainly due to the fact that mens teams can afford to carry more staff year to year.
Doesn't that suggest that there should even be more opportunities for qualified women coaches in men's basketball? Yet there are effectively none.

Reactions: echowaker
Doesn't that suggest that there should even be more opportunities for qualified women coaches in men's basketball? Yet there are effectively none.

Sure it does, but are we just going to equate the lack of diversity for women in men's basketball to sexism? Sorry but I'm not in on that.

you are right about one thing and that being MM not being Mulkey because we all know MM would not act like a jackass during games like Mulkey does when she is caught on camera taking off her jacket and slamming it to the floor in a holy hell rage and sometimes screamming when things don't go her way. may I ask why you seem to have such sheer hate for MM

Last edited:
Sure it does, but are we just going to equate the lack of diversity for women in men's basketball to sexism? Sorry but I'm not in on that.
I wouldn't say it's militant or overt sexism, but when you have a sport in which participation levels are pretty equal for each gender, I don't know how you'd call it anything but sexism.

I wouldn't say it's militant or overt sexism, but when you have a sport in which participation levels are pretty equal for each gender, I don't know how you'd call it anything but sexism.
I guess for me I just think some people are better qualified for certain jobs and positions based off of facts and history, doesn't mean it's sexist just means you stick with what works and most people don't like risks if the reward it purely based on morality. Just my take. You make great points

I guess for me I just think some people are better qualified for certain jobs and positions based off of facts and history, doesn't mean it's sexist just means you stick with what works and most people don't like risks if the reward it purely based on morality. Just my take. You make great points

when everyone has every right, then none of us have any rights!

Reactions: Catholicfan95
all about money to you.

I sure hope you are not calling me an asshole. Cause not only would that show your ignorance in using perjoratives instead of constructive criticism but it would also be an opportunity deserving of getting kicked in your balls

Muffet is completely out of line for making her comment publicly. I support her in her effort to hire and advance women. You do not say it out loud. That is not affirmative action bozos. It’s stupid bigotry

Reactions: d1042
I sure hope you are not calling me an asshole. Cause not only would that show your ignorance in using perjoratives instead of constructive criticism but it would also be an opportunity deserving of getting kicked in your balls

Muffet is completely out of line for making her comment publicly. I support her in her effort to hire and advance women. You do not say it out loud. That is not affirmative action bozos. It’s stupid bigotry
Affirmative action is bigotry. Only difference is right now its legal bigotry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT