ADVERTISEMENT

ND Women 84 Oregon 74

What’s Muffets record against UConn? I hope they get another shot at Louisville.

Defense really locked down in the 3rd quarter and for most of the 2nd half.

Oregon was supposedly one of the better shooting and rebounding teams in the country and ND held them to 43% shooting and out rebounded them 51-29.

Great job girls!

Now BEAT uconn.

Defense really locked down in the 3rd quarter and for most of the 2nd half.

Oregon was supposedly one of the better shooting and rebounding teams in the country and ND held them to 43% shooting and out rebounded them 51-29.

Great job girls!

Now BEAT uconn.
Statistics
Meetings total
All-time series Connecticut leads 36–11
Largest victory Connecticut, 80–53 (2002)
Longest win streak Connecticut, 12 (2005–2011)
Current win streak Connecticut, 7(2013–present)

Muffet can sure settle some old grudges this weekend

it's going to be really tough with a short bench. might have to shoot the lights out to stay in it.

Muffet can sure settle some old grudges this weekend

She needs to leave the grudges and trash talk at the door. She ran her mouth before the 2013 NCAA Final, she chirped about Pat Summit being "classy" and about having beaten Uconn 4 out of 5 times.
All that did was put her and her team in Geno's cross hairs and Uconn has given ND a beat down 7 times in a row. Most games were decided by double figures.

She needs to take a page out of the Lou Holtz playbook and tell the whole world Uconn walks on water, then tell your team in private that they are the better team and will win the game. Go watch Miracle and copy Kurt Russell/Herb Brooks pre-game speech before we beat the USSR in Lake Placid for crissakes!! But stop tugging on Supermans cape!

Uconn is already hyper motivated after losing in the Semis last year.

Last edited:
Given the circumstances of this year regarding injuries and being forced to play a very high level schedule with 7 scholarship players no coach in the country on either side of the gender aisle did a better coaching job than Coach McGraw.

Reactions: echowaker
I'm hoping for a competitive game, but unfortunately UCONN will win by double digits. UND is just too short handed. And they have a lackadaisical attitude toward playing defense.

If something ridiculous happens - like ND shooting 75% from 3 point land or UCONN players getting into foul trouble, then anything can happen.

I'm hoping for a competitive game, but unfortunately UCONN will win by double digits. UND is just too short handed. And they have a lackadaisical attitude toward playing defense.

If something ridiculous happens - like ND shooting 75% from 3 point land or UCONN players getting into foul trouble, then anything can happen.

I dunno. We played them tough at their place in December. We were up going into the 4th quarter but fell apart. We ended up losing by nine. I'm not saying we will win on Friday, but I do think we have a realistic chance.

I dunno. We played them tough at their place in December. We were up going into the 4th quarter but fell apart. We ended up losing by nine. I'm not saying we will win on Friday, but I do think we have a realistic chance.

ND had the lead by ten with 8 minutes to play. Irish were outscored 22-3 from there.

What hurts ND's chances is Uconn lost this game last year, so any chance of Uconn being complacent because of beating ND 7 in a row goes out the window...plus there is chance for Uconn to get their hands on Miss St too?

I am afraid we are going to see a couple of buzz saw performances...

What hurts ND's chances is Uconn lost this game last year, so any chance of Uconn being complacent because of beating ND 7 in a row goes out the window...plus there is chance for Uconn to get their hands on Miss St too?

I am afraid we are going to see a couple of buzz saw performances...

UConn's lone soft spot has been their point guard Dangerfield. She has been hobbled by shin splints and hasn't been much of a scoring threat thoughout the year. But last night she was lighting up South Carolina from 3 pt land.

I suspect ND will play MUCH better defense than South Carolina. If they don't, it will easily be 8 in a row.

Anything can happen - the odds are just against it.

A regular season game vs. Final Four matchup are two different things. UCONN can get lazy in the middle of a season where they win every game by 30 points. However, this is March, not December. UCONN will NOT be complacent.

I'd love for the Irish to wipe the smirk from Geno's face, but if I were a betting man - I'd take UCONN. And the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT