ADVERTISEMENT

ND WBB Bracket Draw

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Surprised we moved all the way up to a #2 seed but drew South Carolina bracket. Very likely a match up Oregon St or Nebraska in Sweet 16.

I think 4 or 5 would be accurate. However they played really good basketball over the last month or so. They are a really good team. They cannot look past Kent st. Anything can happen. They need to play outstanding defense. That’s this teams strength. The injuries they have had will make it tough to go far. The depth just isn’t there. With that said, you really never know. This team has the heart of a champion. Anyway , congratulations ladies. Best of luck. The Irish faithful will be watching. Go Irish ☘️!!!

Yeah, looks like a pretty favorable path to the Elite 8. It's too bad we're in South Carolina's region, though. They're a juggernaut this year.
I caught some of the Nebraska vs Iowa game and they are a good team as well. Havent seen Oregon St play. That Sweet 16 game will be tough Im not gonna pretend to be a WBball expert but was surprised Nebraska was a 6 seed. They seemed legit in the game I watched.

I caught some of the Nebraska vs Iowa game and they are a good team as well. Havent seen Oregon St play. That Sweet 16 game will be tough Im not gonna pretend to be a WBball expert but was surprised Nebraska was a 6 seed. They seemed legit in the game I watched.
Yeah, I'm no expert either. I'm sure any team that makes the Sweet 16 has the right stuff to beat us if we're not on our game. What I like, though, is that Oregon State seems to have built their resume by never getting upset rather than by winning big games. Nebraska seems to have the right formula for playing Iowa really tough, but they got shellacked by other top teams.

Nothing's easy, but I'll take those potential matchups over someone like LSU or Ohio State this particular year.

Kinda early to be talking sweet 16. We are really vulnerable against a talented center. And, we are very dependent on superior outside shooting. Add our six person rotation, and I think every game will be a hard fought win. But really looking forward to these games.

It will be a tough slog with a 6-person rotation and no real big, but let's see how far the women can take it. They have been fun to watch.

Nice article on the main page about ND's star WBB recruit, Kate Koval. First legitimate big ND has had in many years, and all the pundits seem to think her game is already college-ready. With Miles coming back next year and Hidalgo and Citron, we could have a great team. Hard not to be excited about it.

Last edited:
It will be a tough slog with a 6-person rotation and no real big, but let's see how far the women can take it. They have been fun to watch.

Nice article on the main page about ND's star WBB recruit, Kate Koval. First legitimate big ND has had in many years, and all the pundits seem to think her game is already college-ready. With Miles coming back next year and Hidalgo and Citron, we could have a great team. Hard not to be excited about it.
I think 1st 2 games are set up great for us but man when I watched Nebraska play Iowa I didnt think they were a 6 seed. They can shoot the lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT