ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs USC is all about Rees & Pyne

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
The game vs USC will come down to Rees play calling and Pynes performance. Al Golden and defense should hold their own and be fine. Hopefully ND runs it down USCs throat and mixes in some play action and quick throws. Controls the clock.

Reactions: NDinNJ
The Defense has been solid all year. Sure they've had some failures, but overall the unit has been solid. They've kept ND in every game.

Reactions: Kelso86
I would disagree. I would say it's all about the defense, because they will be the ones to get us the win, not the offense. Meaning it's not a given that we're going to naturally hold USC to 24 points, no worries, no problems. I suppose we could, and that's the strength of our team, and we have the potential to do that, but that's I would say that's where the game will be won or lost. If our defense rises up, plays exceptionally well, then we could get the win. And hopefully the offense will at least be okay....

So if you think the defense 'will be fine', and will hold everything down, and we really don't even have to think about that, then I would consider the game to be already won.

Reactions: Kelso86
You have to score to win. 2 yards in a half won’t get it savvy. Nob
Yeah, I guess that's true. If we were limited to 12 yards in a half, vs USC, or any team on the planet, we probably won't win. Great point. You oughta be a professional debater.

The strengths of the respective sides are USC's offense and our defense. Whoever wins that battle wins the game. Or at least that's what I would imagine is the more appropriate way to consider it....

The game vs USC will come down to Rees play calling and Pynes performance. Al Golden and defense should hold their own and be fine. Hopefully ND runs it down USCs throat and mixes in some play action and quick throws. Controls the clock.
It will take both the offense and defense. The offense will have to score and control the clock. The defense will have to limit an offense that doesn’t seem stoppable. I see the overall unit strengths as follows:

1. USC offense

2. ND defense

3. ND offense

4. USC defense

Notre Dame also has a big advantage in special teams. Overall I like our chances.

Reactions: tbone3114
Game will come down to who scores more points.

I am not a coach but, I think the key to the game will be outscoring the opponent! The team that does that will win the game.

Said it before our oline and dline have to dominate…. Pressure Williams but stay in lanes and allow us to run the ball and have time for play action shots

Went right over your head. Hope you don't procreate. There are enough dopes around.
You're to stupid to recognize an insult. Your comment about scoring more points didn't go over my head, I understood exactly what you were doing there. You should stop blaming me for all your problems and shortcomings in life.

ND will have to score a decent amount of points to win. The defense is going to give up yards. It’s inevitable. If they can keep SC to several field goals , maybe get a turnover or two the Irish have a shot. But they have to score. This could be a game where they need 30 plus points. SC is a very good offensive team. Trying to limit their point total should be the focus.

You're to stupid to recognize an insult. Your comment about scoring more points didn't go over my head, I understood exactly what you were doing there. You should stop blaming me for all your problems and shortcomings in life.
We will try and dumb down the conversation so you can get it on the dialogue.

If I were Golden/Freeman I would assign a defender to Caleb Williams so when we blitz he cant scramble for long gains. I would put the fastest defender on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT