ADVERTISEMENT

ND Ticket policy - $200 Ransom

SBBorn

Irish Insider
Jul 9, 2014
I am an alumnus who hopped onto the ticket information page yesterday to see on ticket policies for alumnus. I have not been to a home game since ND/Georgia 2019 but may want to go next fall. Used to go every year. They still want me to “donate” $200 just to get into the ticket lottery system. A $200 “donation” just to get the “opportunity” to apply for tickets that you may or may not get. Do folks know – is this the same policy at other schools? A $200 ransom every year? I am having a hard time, given all the tuition money I gave to this school, knowing how rich this school is, forking over the $200. It bugs me.

I am an alumnus who hopped onto the ticket information page yesterday to see on ticket policies for alumnus. I have not been to a home game since ND/Georgia 2019 but may want to go next fall. Used to go every year. They still want me to “donate” $200 just to get into the ticket lottery system. A $200 “donation” just to get the “opportunity” to apply for tickets that you may or may not get. Do folks know – is this the same policy at other schools? A $200 ransom every year? I am having a hard time, given all the tuition money I gave to this school, knowing how rich this school is, forking over the $200. It bugs me.
Don't blame you. I know a few families who had season tickets for over 50 years and had to give them up because the requirements to keep them became too costly.

This is nothing new. After I graduated in 1978, it was $100 to be able to participate in the lottery. It has only gone up another $100 in the past 45 years---not too bad. If you don't want to pay the $200, you can always purchase tickets on a secondary market like Stubhub or Vivid Seats.

My favourite Notre Dame scalper told me many families had to give up their tickets or at least half of them. It is harder to get 4 good tickets together now as many that were held by long term season ticket holders have been given back.

Honestly as someone who until COVID-19 went to a game every year for 12 years or so tickets are never a problem at face value or less. Yes a premium game might cost you a little more....but not $100 a ticket more for a pair and you will likely get better seats day of the game anyways for less money.

Reactions: BGI User 756
This is nothing new. After I graduated in 1978, it was $100 to be able to participate in the lottery. It has only gone up another $100 in the past 45 years---not too bad. If you don't want to pay the $200, you can always purchase tickets on a secondary market like Stubhub or Vivid Seats.
Thanks Mr. Richy. You completely missed the point. Being a late 80s grad, if “donating” $200 per year, you are now up to $5,000 in “donations” with no guarantee of having gotten a ticket. The lottery should be free for alumnus.

Thanks Mr. Richy. You completely missed the point. Being a late 80s grad, if “donating” $200 per year, you are now up to $5,000 in “donations” with no guarantee of having gotten a ticket. The lottery should be free for alumnus.

If you can't afford to give $200 a year to your alma mater, perhaps you shouldn't be going to football games. Maybe you should get a job instead.

If you can't afford to give $200 a year to your alma mater, perhaps you shouldn't be going to football games. Maybe you should get a job instead.
Talk about obtuse. I own two homes and am retired in my mid-50s. Again, you miss the point. Ultra rich university milking grads for every dime. Maybe a lot of grads, all of who have jobs, not as well off as you, who would like to go but the extra $200 every would be a burden. Gain some perspective Mr. Richy.

Yup. All over

Stop your crying poor man. Welcome to 2022. So many colleges and even professional teams have been doing this for decades. look at this way, your $200 is equal to 2 tanks of gas now

Talk about obtuse. I own two homes and am retired in my mid-50s. Again, you miss the point. Ultra rich university milking grads for every dime. Maybe a lot of grads, all of who have jobs, not as well off as you, who would like to go but the extra $200 every would be a burden. Gain some perspective Mr. Richy.
Sell one of your houses then. You own multiple homes, are retired, and whining about $200? Yeh, that makes sense

Reactions: NDSMC78

The policy has been in effect for years. I have personal knowledge that it has been in effect for 45 years, likely longer. If you are, as you say, a late 80's grad, how is it possible that you did not know of this longstanding policy? Have you been in jail? If not, were you marooned on a desert island with Gilligan?
And if you, in fact, own two homes, you might hesitate before calling people "Mr. Richy."

The policy has been in effect for years. I have personal knowledge that it has been in effect for 45 years, likely longer. If you are, as you say, a late 80's grad, how is it possible that you did not know of this longstanding policy? Have you been in jail? If not, were you marooned on a desert island with Gilligan?
And if you, in fact, own two homes, you might hesitate before calling people "Mr. Richy."
Exactly. If he got tix in 2019, he paid the $200 (unless bought off internet)

I can tell you that if he got tickets to the UGA game from a third party vendor, they were $400 a pop and up. Because I was looking.
Easily. Hell UGA fans bought season tickets to go that game. But Mr 2 houses can’t afford it

Yep. I graduated in 1992, and this has been the policy for years.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT