ADVERTISEMENT

ND schedule...

The Big 3 get a lot of hype. But NCState Louisville Pitt and Duke are all seemingly on the verge of being really solid 8 win plus teams. 3 of the 4 are road games.
Yes the 2nd tier of our schedule is pretty good teams. Have to be ready to play those games or losing is a possibility

Tier 1

OSU USC CLEMSON

Tier 2

NC STATE LOUISVILLE DUKE PITT

Tier 3

WAKE STANFORD

Tier 4

NAVY CENTRAL MICHIGAN TENNESSEE STATE

Reactions: adrian1477
Yes the 2nd tier of our schedule is pretty good teams. Have to be ready to play those games or losing is a possibility

Tier 1

OSU USC CLEMSON

Tier 2

NC STATE LOUISVILLE DUKE PITT

Tier 3

WAKE STANFORD

Tier 4

NAVY CENTRAL MICHIGAN TENNESSEE STATE

Tennessee State would be a +24 point underdog to Navy and a +26 point underdog to Central Michigan. They are tier 5. Or, possibly 6.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Agreed. And NC State will be a tough test next week. They had a good defense last year, and have brought in a pretty good transfer QB in Armstrong.

They beat Florida State, UNC and Wake Forest last year. They beat FSU 19-17 and held them to one of their worst offensive games of the season.

So it looks to be an SEC schedule with an extra tough game.

Agreed. And NC State will be a tough test next week. They had a good defense last year, and have brought in a pretty good transfer QB in Armstrong.

They beat Florida State, UNC and Wake Forest last year. They beat FSU 19-17 and held them to one of their worst offensive games of the season.
Do you guys think Parker will throw it 40X if the game is played in a downpour?

• Haha
Reactions: Holycrossover3
Certainly not the "secret" formula most use....Play 1, top 10. Play 1, top 25. Get in.....

We schedule 3, top 10. Brutal. The others are tough, no doubt but none ranked at this point.

Played in a Hurricane***
Still mad about that game. At the time, I said they should have fired Kelly on the spot, and I still think it would have been justified. Not just the insanity of his play calling, but the way he threw Sam Mustipher, I think it was, under the bus for a bad snap that led to a blocked punt.

Reactions: Chitown11
Still mad about that game. At the time, I said they should have fired Kelly on the spot, and I still think it would have been justified. Not just the insanity of his play calling, but the way he threw Sam Mustipher, I think it was, under the bus for a bad snap that led to a blocked punt.
Classic Kelly!

Yep, one the many reasons I can't stand the arrogant prick

Watched some of the NCSU -UConn game. We all know about Armstrong but State does a fairly good RB, Sims (I think is his name). Big, seems to run angry. Will need to wrap him up, arm tackling will not work.
State's defense did not look great last night. UConn gashed them for some big runs.
Will be tougher than most talking heads will say, but ND should win.

Watched some of the NCSU -UConn game. We all know about Armstrong but State does a fairly good RB, Sims (I think is his name). Big, seems to run angry. Will need to wrap him up, arm tackling will not work.
State's defense did not look great last night. UConn gashed them for some big runs.
Will be tougher than most talking heads will say, but ND should win.

Judging from that one game, either UConn is much improved (possible) or NCSU is a .500 team this year.

Reactions: NCDomer1
Do you guys think Parker will throw it 40X if the game is played in a downpour?
"Do you guys think Parker will throw it 40X if the game is played in a downpour?"

LOL -- He does that -- he may not make it back to South Bend. Of all the bone-headed ways to attack that game -- still cannot believe he (Kelly) chose to throw it that much.

Reactions: Chitown11
NDs opponents by F+ (This ranking considers last several years of team performance, last several years of recruiting classes, and production of returning players from last season). ND is #10

Tier 1
OSU #2
Clemson #7
USC #12

BIG GAP

Tier 2
Louisville #39
Pittsburgh #37
Wake Forest #44
NC State #46
Duke #55

BIG GAP

Tier 3
Stanford #88
Navy #100
Central Michigan #108
Tennessee State (Not in top 133)

Last edited:
My problem with NDs schedule is that outside of those top 3 opponents, none of the other 9 schools on the schedule are projected to be any good. And at the bottom half of the schedule, the opponents aren't just bad but some of the worst teams in the FBS and FCS bad.

Before the ACC deal, NDs schedule was a lot more entertaining with a lot more competitive opponents up and down the schedule.

My problem with NDs schedule is that outside of those top 3 opponents, none of the other 9 schools on the schedule are projected to be any good. And at the bottom half of the schedule, the opponents aren't just bad but some of the worst teams in the FBS and FCS bad.

Before the ACC deal, NDs schedule was a lot more entertaining with a lot more competitive opponents up and down the schedule.
This is false

Tennessee State would be a +24 point underdog to Navy and a +26 point underdog to Central Michigan. They are tier 5. Or, possibly 6.
From a football standpoint, the game tomorrow does nothing for ND. If ND blows them out it's expected, if it's a close game it will hurt them in the rankings.

ND has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Tennessee State has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Reactions: chaseball
From a football standpoint, the game tomorrow does nothing for ND. If ND blows them out it's expected, if it's a close game it will hurt them in the rankings.

We have a lot to gain

We're going to absolutely destroy them and we're going to get a lot of players much needed reps.

The backups will probably get 1.5 to 2 full quarters of reps

Doesn’t matter. You have to play 12. They have 3 top 10. They will be number 1 if they win those 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86 and NDinNJ
The real question is going forward. A 16 team conference. ND now has Stanford as a ACC.

I don’t see them keeping USC on the schedule permanently. You can bet the ACC got something from ND for adding those 2. Maybe 8 guaranteed ACC.

So 8 with Navy 9. Leaves ya 2 dogs and one big out of conference a year. I don’t see them playing 2 B10 or an SEC.

The real question is going forward. A 16 team conference. ND now has Stanford as a ACC.

I don’t see them keeping USC on the schedule permanently. You can bet the ACC got something from ND for adding those 2. Maybe 8 guaranteed ACC.

So 8 with Navy 9. Leaves ya 2 dogs and one big out of conference a year. I don’t see them playing 2 B10 or an SEC.
lol imagine ND adding 2 more scrubs in the ACC to the schedule going forward?

would be another step forward to ND being in the minor league for the SEC & BIG 10.

does nobody who follows this school have any issue with a watered down talent, watered down schedule, etc.? does nobody want to be on top of the CFB mountain again?

Recruits aren't stupid. If ND continues to water itself down for easy wins, it's only going to drive a wedge between ND and the top talent in the country even further, thus making it even more impossible to ever win another national title.

Last edited:
Doesn’t really take much imagination. We already play Stanford so you would pick up one more.

If you consider ND in the ACC, that conf has 3 Tier 1 teams. Same as B10 and SEC pretty much.

Doesn’t really take much imagination. We already play Stanford so you would pick up one more.

If you consider ND in the ACC, that conf has 3 Tier 1 teams. Same as B10 and SEC pretty much.
ND, Clemson, and FSU aren't tier 1 teams.

Tier 1: Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, OSU (these schools are on an island by themselves).

Moreover, problem with the ACC is that outside of some solid programs at the top of the conference (ND, Clemson, FSU), the mid and low end of the conference are not competitive and some of the worst programs in the FBS.

People don't understand how bad the ACC is in football. ND tethering itself to this conference has been a huge mistake for the football program. Yea the easy wins are nice from a W-L record standpoint, but this schedule doesn't do anything for the national brand and the prestige of the football program.

Nobody seems to care though. More games on the schedule to skip over and for recruits not to give a F about.

Tier 1: Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, OSU (these schools are on an island by themselves).

Moreover, problem with the ACC is that outside of some solid programs at the top of the conference (ND, Clemson, FSU), the mid and low end of the conference are not competitive and some of the worst programs in the FBS.

People don't understand how bad the ACC is in football. ND tethering itself to this conference has been a huge mistake for the football program. Yea the easy wins are nice from a W-L record standpoint, but this schedule doesn't do anything for the national brand and the prestige of the football program.

Nobody seems to care though. More games on the schedule to skip over and for recruits not to give a F about.
How the F is Michigan on an island by themselves?! Haha ND belongs in that category above UM. Joke book

NDs opponents by F+ (This ranking considers last several years of team performance, last several years of recruiting classes, and production of returning players from last season). ND is #10

Tier 1
OSU #2
Clemson #7
USC #12

BIG GAP

Tier 2
Louisville #39
Pittsburgh #37
Wake Forest #44
NC State #46
Duke #55

BIG GAP

Tier 3
Stanford #88
Navy #100
Central Michigan #108
Tennessee State (Not in top 133)
Lol

You are talented that you already saw into the future and how the schedule will be…

Moreover, you’re an idiot

Reactions: BGI User 756
Clemson and ND have been to multiple CFP and Clemson won one. They are T1. So is OSU, Michigan, UGA and. OSU. I don’t really remember ND being blown out by UGA. Both games came down to the last drive.

But, doesn’t really matter. Those 3 conferences will get the same number of auto bids. They are not going to give the SEC 3, B25 2 and ACC 1. That’s idiotic.

Last edited:

Mich? Ahh, how the narrative changes. They went to 2 playoffs, got waxed by UGA, and lost to frigging TCU. Same result as ND.

Mich? Ahh, how the narrative changes. They went to 2 playoffs, got waxed by UGA, and lost to frigging TCU. Same result as ND.
They've been locked inside the top 5 in F+ for the last 2 years while dominating a really good slate of teams in the BIG. They've accomplished more in the last 2 years than ND has in the entirety of the 21st century.

Last edited:
Clemson and ND have been to multiple CFP and Clemson one one. They are T1. So is OSU, Michigan, UGA and. OSU. I don’t really remember ND being blown out by UGA. Both games came down to the last drive.

But, doesn’t really matter. Those 3 conferences will get the same number of auto bids. They are not going to give the SEC 3, B25 2 and ACC 1. That’s idiotic.
Autobids are not the goal. What we need is a roster of the best collection of talent the sport has to offer in order to actually win a national title. And we are not going to get there by playing 8 games vs the minor league slate of teams in the ACC.

Outside of OSU, the B10 is not a good slate. Rutgers. IU. MN. Purdue.

PSU came on last year. B10 is a 2 team conf.

The ACC T2 is much better than the B10 T2.

you are clueless. Of course USC will continue to be on the schedule

You probably said players will never be paid, ND will always have grass and there will never be a jumbo tron.

You might not have heard, the B10 is now the B16 and growing. It might just be an issue at some point.

Outside of OSU, the B10 is not a good slate. Rutgers. IU. MN. Purdue.

PSU came on last year. B10 is a 2 team conf.

The ACC T2 is much better than the B10 T2.

OSU, Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan are all top 25 teams this year. They have two teams at the top end that are legit NC contenders. They also have a sleeping giant in blue blood Nebraska. The conference is also adding the best programs in the PAC including USC and Oregon.

The ACC has Clemson and FSU (#7 and #15 respectively) that's it and FSU is shaking loose.

The ACC has been a total dumpster fire for the last decade plus.

Last edited:
They've been locked inside the top 5 in F+ for the last 2 years while dominating a really good slate of teams in the BIG. They've accomplished more in the last 2 years than ND has in the entirety of the 21st century.
Now I know you are trolling

Really good slate LOL

They're schedule has been a joke

Reactions: BGI User 756
Thats trash. The Michigan teams are no better than the ND playoff teams.

OSU, Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan are all top 25 teams this year. They have two teams at the top end that are legit NC contenders. They also have a sleeping giant in blue blood Nebraska. The conference is also adding the best programs in the PAC including USC and Oregon.

The ACC has Clemson and FSU (#7 and #15 respectively) that's it and FSU is shaking loose.

The ACC has been a total dumpster fire for the last decade plus.
Another troll job....LOL

Minnesota top 25.....LOL

Sleeping giant in Nebraska....LOL

You can't be serious with this stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT