ADVERTISEMENT

ND mod destroys UM Reporter

Only in comparison to a couple of teams you played. Glass houses, 78.

No glass houses at all. The post concerned Michigan folks downplaying ND's win over Virginia Tech. Nowhere did I say that Ball St. or Navy were great teams. You, however, seem to think that beating WMU and SMU were accomplishments.

No glass houses at all. The post concerned Michigan folks downplaying ND's win over Virginia Tech. Nowhere did I say that Ball St. or Navy were great teams. You, however, seem to think that beating WMU and SMU were accomplishments.

Only accomplishments in the same way that ND beating Ball State and Navy are accomplishments.

Both ND and Michigan have millions of fans. Both have fans who will write stupid crap. If we beat Wisconsin on Saturday, I am sure there will be a ND fan somewhere downplaying that. All fan bases are similar.

Only accomplishments in the same way that ND beating Ball State and Navy are accomplishments.

Both ND and Michigan have millions of fans. Both have fans who will write stupid crap. If we beat Wisconsin on Saturday, I am sure there will be a ND fan somewhere downplaying that. All fan bases are similar.
any nd fan that downplays that would be stupid. it's in NDs best interest to have michigan win and convincingly.

Only in comparison to a couple of teams you played. Glass houses, 78.
Way to focus only on the worst two teams on NDs schedule. The fact is Standford and Virginia Tech would be the the next two toughest games on Michigan's schedule by an insanely large margin is telling. In fact you could make the argument that Stanford, VT, vandy, and wake Forest are all vastly superior to any team Michigan has played since they lost to the only legit team on their schedule...Notre Dame.

At least all the other Michigan trolls are staying away until they have something real to brag about again.

Way to focus only on the worst two teams on NDs schedule. The fact is Standford and Virginia Tech would be the the next two toughest games on Michigan's schedule by an insanely large margin is telling. In fact you could make the argument that Stanford, VT, vandy, and wake Forest are all vastly superior to any team Michigan has played since they lost to the only legit team on their schedule...Notre Dame.

At least all the other Michigan trolls are staying away until they have something real to brag about again.
i'm no Michigan lover but Vandy and Wake are nowhere near vastly superior to Northwestern. i'd call them even.

Reactions: Java65
i'm no Michigan lover but Vandy and Wake are nowhere near vastly superior to Northwestern. i'd call them even.
That's why I said an argument could be made....maybe I should have said superior instead of vastly superior. Point being every team Notre Dame has played could be argued to be better than any team Michigan has played and Stanford and VT are far better than anyone Michigan has played.

IfUM beats Wiscy then great. Your loss to ND will become only your 2nd biggest accomplishment.

Northwestern is starting to wake up. Impressive considering they have one of the worst rushing offenses in P5. Kind of interested in the Wildcat-Husker game on Saturday.

NDs opponents have done them no favors. A lot of teams that looked like tough opponents may turn out to be 4-5 loss teams.
- Stanford minus Love looks very average and could easily be a 4 loss team.
- Va Tech loss to Old Dominion is terrible and again, they can easily be a 4 loss team.
- Fl St is putrid.
- USC is awful and I can see them being a 5 loss team.

I'm not detracting from NDs record at all. Since the switch to Book they have done exactly what a playoff contending team needs to do.... pound the teams in front of them.

NDs opponents have done them no favors. A lot of teams that looked like tough opponents may turn out to be 4-5 loss teams.
- Stanford minus Love looks very average and could easily be a 4 loss team.
- Va Tech loss to Old Dominion is terrible and again, they can easily be a 4 loss team.
- Fl St is putrid.
- USC is awful and I can see them being a 5 loss team.

I'm not detracting from NDs record at all. Since the switch to Book they have done exactly what a playoff contending team needs to do.... pound the teams in front of them.

Agree. Just win them all and win big, and you will be in 99% of the time (what are the odds Bama, Clemson, OSU and WV will all be undefeated P5 champs?). Margin of victory DOES matter, even if the committee doesn't point to that. Hammering VTech will certainly help. Squeaking by Ball State certainly will not.

I think USC could still put up a fight. Maybe BC too.

Agree. Just win them all and win big, and you will be in 99% of the time (what are the odds Bama, Clemson, OSU and WV will all be undefeated P5 champs?). Margin of victory DOES matter, even if the committee doesn't point to that. Hammering VTech will certainly help. Squeaking by Ball State certainly will not.

BC?

IMO, I think and undefeated ND gets in over an undefeated WVU. As you say it's unlikely we end up with 5 undefeated teams at the end of the year.

IMO, the real interesting scenario will be if Bama and UGA each drop a game and ND, OSU, Clemson and WVU are unbeaten. Will the CFB worlds love affair with the SEC see them give the boot to a undefeated team in favor of a 1 loss SEC?

IMO, I think and undefeated ND gets in over an undefeated WVU. As you say it's unlikely we end up with 5 undefeated teams at the end of the year.

IMO, the real interesting scenario will be if Bama and UGA each drop a game and ND, OSU, Clemson and WVU are unbeaten. Will the CFB worlds love affair with the SEC see them give the boot to a undefeated team in favor of a 1 loss SEC?
i doubt two one loss sec teams get in. i can see a scenario where the loser of the sec championship game could get in if both were undefeated going into the game and how the game played out. if bama and georgia are both undefeated going into the sec championship game they will both likely be ranked in the top 3 by the committee. how that game goes will be huge for other teams playing conference championship games with one loss already.

i doubt two one loss sec teams get in. i can see a scenario where the loser of the sec championship game could get in if both were undefeated going into the game and how the game played out. if bama and georgia are both undefeated going into the sec championship game they will both likely be ranked in the top 3 by the committee. how that game goes will be huge for other teams playing conference championship games with one loss already.
No, I'm saying if both Bama and UGA have a loss; will a 1 loss SEC team get in ahead of an undefeated P5 / ND team. Meaning will they have a playoff without an SEC team?

No, I'm saying if both Bama and UGA have a loss; will a 1 loss SEC team get in ahead of an undefeated P5 / ND team. Meaning will they have a playoff without an SEC team?
oh hell no. the only way the sec does not get a team is if they have two losses. i think a one loss bama or georgia gets in ahead of say west virginia. nd is a lock if undefeated.

I could see ND getting in over an undefeated WV. It would be close though.

It would be hilarious to see a one loss Bama & the SEC left out of the playoff. Probably the quickest route to a playoff expansion...

Bama is allowed a mulligan every season just in case they stub their toe and lose a game. So a one-loss Bama is the same as an undefeated Bama in the eyes of the committee. A one loss Bama is 99% sure to be in the playoff. And yes, that could be over undefeated teams from a conference considered not so strong, like the ACC, Big 12 or Pac 12.

I could see ND getting in over an undefeated WV. It would be close though.

It would be hilarious to see a one loss Bama & the SEC left out of the playoff. Probably the quickest route to a playoff expansion...
WV has no chance of getting in ahead of an undefeated ND. they'll have a difficult time getting in ahead of a one loss sec team because their opponent in the big 12 championship will likely not be a high profile team.

Bama is allowed a mulligan every season just in case they stub their toe and lose a game. So a one-loss Bama is the same as an undefeated Bama in the eyes of the committee. A one loss Bama is 99% sure to be in the playoff. And yes, that could be over undefeated teams from a conference considered not so strong, like the ACC, Big 12 or Pac 12.
yep because their opponent in an sec championship game ( likely georgia ) is going to be way stronger than anyone those other teams play.

WV has no chance of getting in ahead of an undefeated ND. they'll have a difficult time getting in ahead of a one loss sec team because their opponent in the big 12 championship will likely not be a high profile team.

A 10-2 OU or Texas could still be a top ten team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT