ADVERTISEMENT

ND LBs

Good Lord, ND doesn't need any more Joe Schmitts. Kiser has average speed, making tackles 5-7 yards past the line of scrimmage is not "sticking" tackles. He needs to go
You need to get your eyes checked. Kiser is a really good player and I hope he comes back.

I said PFF regularly gave Marist Liufau high grades for his play. Your comment was that "means nothing." You concede that PFF is good at collecing data, but argue it is poor at rating players. I never said anything about PFF rating Marist as a player. My point was that his critics here seem to ignore that he regularly graded high with PFF for how well he played. Later you jumped in to like Baron's post that concluded PFF is a scam, and you can ask any NFL coach about that. I pointed out that is simply not true.

It is ok to admit you were wrong. But I know that won't happen.
I said exactly what i think

Pff is good at collecting data

Pff is poor at rating players (Liufau)

That's pretty simple. Can't you comprehend that?

I wouldn't turn Kiser away. Having one veteran in the group would probably be useful.

Sorry, you and Golson5 are completely wrong about that. PFF provides analytical data to all 32 NFL teams and more than 150 major college programs.

Do you know how many sources of analytical data the avg NFL team uses? Dozens. Ask Belichick his thoughts on PFF. And by the way like all these companies they have a sales/ marketing team and some are better then others. Do a deep dive into the graders and you won’t be impressed

Post-season CFB awards are often popularity contests. And sometimes the committees who select the nominees get it wrong. Audric Estime was pretty clearly one of the best running backs in CFB this year, but he didn't make the list of finalists for the Doak Walker Award. The DWA selection committee probably got that one wrong.

My problem is that the guys on this board who constantly rip into Marist Liufau don't know what they are talking about, for the most part. He was a very solid player, and his PFF grades and nomination as a Butkus Award finalist corroborate that. You don't think he is elite. That's ok. I would probably agree with that. Did he play well enough to be named a Butkus Award finalist? Probably not. But is his selection "laughable," as you have characterized it? We'll have to disagree on that one.
He is vanilla ice cream. Satisfying but not spectacular.

Bowen, Sneed, Ausberry, Ziegler, Zinter……

Those guys have to be ready. 2 or 3 are going to start.

I’d be shocked if KVA starts. I don’t think Jaylon Smith or Manti played right away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT