ADVERTISEMENT

ND Interviews Kendall Briles For OC!

Brian Kelly isn't screwing around here. This would be a phenomenal hire. Briles co-orchestrated Baylor's lethal, high tempo rushing and passing attack. He's young (34) and was rivals Big 12 recruiter of the year in 2013 and 2014. If Kelly could just get out of his way and let him do what he did at Baylor... Damn. KnowsTexas inside out as well from a recruiting standpoint.
It doesn't matter who it is. Didn't you see Sanfords statement when he was introduced at WKU? He wants to emphasize the run etc. What we thought the offense should do but obviously BK wouldn't give him the reins. So one of the bright young offensive minds left and do we really think it will be any different with Briles

how is this guy still allowed on this board with all of his constent bashing of the university
The University is bigger than the 3 fools that have driven the fb program into the ground.

Kelly is back!!!!
cvgr,what would you have him do? Bring back coaches that weren't getting the job done? While I'm not a BK fan , I understand he has to make changes in areas to improve this team. I want ND to succeed on the field and off,regardless of BK .These young players have talent ,they just need to be coached properly.

cvgr,what would you have him do? Bring back coaches that weren't getting the job done? While I'm not a BK fan , I understand he has to make changes in areas to improve this team. I want ND to succeed on the field and off,regardless of BK .These young players have talent ,they just need to be coached properly.

The mistake you are making here is trying to have a conversation with a special kind of stupid snowflake, a "guy" (I use that term very loosely) that knows less than ZERO about football.

The guy you are trying to talk to needs a crash helmet and a laundry bin full of jock straps to sniff, just to make it through a day.

Reactions: Pennick44
My understanding is that Briles did have a meeting with Kelly, but so called sources are saying it wasn't an interview per se. I have no knowledge of his involvement with the scandals at Baylor, but it clearly falls into the interesting development category. Despite the posts decrying NDs talent, there is no question that we are loaded on offense, with our youth gaining valuable experience last season, and we should put up big numbers. We won't win the big games until Kelly figures out how to incorporate a power running game into the red zone offense, and how to run for first downs in critical third and short.

"We won't win the big games until Kelly figures out how to incorporate a power running game into the red zone offense, and how to run for first downs in critical third and short."

DING DING DING -- we have a winner!

I think he had an impact on improving himself to become a HC. It helped his career because of the high profile , pressure etc that goes with coaching at ND even as an assistant . IDK if any of us will really know the impact he had on the offense because it really never changed at all. It still has the same pluses and minuses. My question to Sanford would be did you have the same autonomy at ND as you had at Boise State s the OC ? Boise seemed to be a little more multiple on Offense.
He was handcuffed by bk. Great playcaller that never had a chance with idiot bk. Good luck to Coach Sanford, you are now free

Exactly. That's what pisses me off more. No other school has had more embarrassing off the field issues than ND in these seven years and they constantly average 7 wins a season.

The other thug programs get in trouble half the amount of time but they still win 10+ games every season.
Lol... wut? I can think of a handful of teams with more embarrassing off field issues but go on

The sooner this fraud is gone the better.

Reactions: chitown sot
Anyone who thinks Kelly is a sissy didn't spend any time in Chelsea, Massachusetts in the 1970s. Typical Chelsea kid back then was a tough-as-nails Irish kid who'd just as soon duke it out with you as talk to you. That town didn't tolerate sissies.

Anyone who thinks Kelly is a sissy didn't spend any time in Chelsea, Massachusetts in the 1970s. Typical Chelsea kid back then was a tough-as-nails Irish kid who'd just as soon duke it out with you as talk to you. That town didn't tolerate sissies.

I certainly believe he was a bully. They're fun to deal with. He's a tomato can.

I certainly believe he was a bully. They're fun to deal with. He's a tomato can.
He did go to St John's Prep, which would indicate he was a fair amount smarter than the typical Chelsea kid.

He did go to St John's Prep, which would indicate he was a fair amount smarter than the typical Chelsea kid.

I know a bunch of imbeciles that went to Chaminade, Maria Regina, St Agnes, Archishop Malloy, St Dominic's, Holy Family....not so much at St. Pius....
I doubt he could name the 50 states if I spotted him 47. I will give him credit for his second language which is vulgarity. He gets an A in that....

I know a bunch of imbeciles that went to Chaminade, Maria Regina, St Agnes, Archishop Malloy, St Dominic's, Holy Family....not so much at St. Pius....
I doubt he could name the 50 states if I spotted him 47. I will give him credit for his second language which is vulgarity. He gets an A in that....
This coming from the guy who won "most likely to get stuffed in a locker."

Reactions: IrishMike409
This coming from the guy who won "most likely to get stuffed in a locker."

Nah, most likely to prevent someone from getting stuffed in a locker.... It sounds like you are writing from experience. That's too bad. Do you know what was fun about St. John's parties in Queens during breaks at ND? They'd get the kegs lined up, charge a couple of bucks, rope off a backyard to ring size and then guys that were vying for Golden Gloves titles other sh** would have at it. That was fun. PS I was introduced to John Scully at the St Johns Rathskeller before we both headed to ND.... quarter beers... That was fun too.... I doubt kelly would get away with what he does with the men we had back then...

Do you still like my name dropping?

I get that Kelly is back for another year. In spite of Kelly this team could potentially win a lot of games. I wonder how many wins where keeps his job and if the team does well would a bad post season get him fired

Ayers throws just whatever bullshit comes to mind and hopes it sticks to the wall.

The sad part is, he probably thinks he's stating facts.

The ignore function is your friend. I've had the poster you mention on my ignore list for ages.

Nah, most likely to prevent someone from getting stuffed in a locker.... It sounds like you are writing from experience. That's too bad. Do you know what was fun about St. John's parties in Queens during breaks at ND? They'd get the kegs lined up, charge a couple of bucks, rope off a backyard to ring size and then guys that were vying for Golden Gloves titles other sh** would have at it. That was fun. PS I was introduced to John Scully at the St Johns Rathskeller before we both headed to ND.... quarter beers... That was fun too.... I doubt kelly would get away with what he does with the men we had back then...

Do you still like my name dropping?
Once a ball washer always a ball washer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT