ADVERTISEMENT

ND gets hosed big time

You just supported the exact point that I made in my post:

"It's dissimilar and radically less impactful, as you'd be a bottom feeder among the vast number of teams, than the argument between Alabama, OSU, and USC for the last spot to legitimately vie for a title in the football 'playoff'."
I revised your quote to reflect how it would jibe with my take. If you can agree to the edits, we're on the same page.

I revised your quote to reflect how it would jibe with my take. If you can agree to the edits, we're on the same page.
I'm with you. But do you also notice the similarities in the fanbase reactions? That was where I was, unsuccessfully, trying to lead it.

I'm with you. But do you also notice the similarities in the fanbase reactions? That was where I was, unsuccessfully, trying to lead it.
I suppose there's that. It just amplifies how "fan" derives from "fanatic." If the people outraged about a highly dubious snub when you're down to 64 (68 counting the play ins) teams could objectively appraise things they'd be much better off. Even though I didn't think we merited the bid that we lost out on for the 2015 football playoffs, I'd have more sympathy for the hard feelings.

I suppose there's that. It just amplifies how "fan" derives from "fanatic." If the people outraged about a highly dubious snub when you're down to 64 (68 counting the play ins) teams could objectively appraise things they'd be much better off. Even though I didn't think we merited the bid that we lost out on for the 2015 football playoffs, I'd have more sympathy for the hard feelings.
Yep. Right there with you.

Look at that! We had an initial disagreement (kind of) and rationally found common ground!

Reactions: Silent Banjo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT