ADVERTISEMENT

ND football has he last 5 years

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
The game of football for the last 25 years has become more and more QB-centric, it’s evident in both the college and pro levels and ND has failed to attract or develop an “elite” QB since Jimmy Clausen nearly 20 years ago.

The last five years ND’s starting QB’s have been Coan, Buchner, Payne, Hartman and now Leonard. (I omitted Angeli since his only start was the bowl game). Hardly anyone who is going to play on Sundays or go to the CFB HOF.

ND is bad at the most important position on the team and has been for sometime. Taking in castoffs from 3rd tier programs isn’t the answer.

Unless something changes drastically in the next 6 days Purdue is going to boat race ND next week.

The game of football for the last 25 years has become more and more QB-centric, it’s evident in both the college and pro levels and ND has failed to attract or develop an “elite” QB since Jimmy Clausen nearly 20 years ago.

The last five years ND’s starting QB’s have been Coan, Buchner, Payne, Hartman and now Leonard. (I omitted Angeli since his only start was the bowl game). Hardly anyone who is going to play on Sundays or go to the CFB HOF.

ND is bad at the most important position on the team and has been for sometime. Taking in castoffs from 3rd tier programs isn’t the answer.

Unless something changes drastically in the next 6 days Purdue is going to boat race ND next week.
i do anything to have Coan back this year.

I don’t think Purdue is going to boat race Notre Dame, but I do think that it’s a mystery as to why Notre Dame hasn’t been been able to attract superior quarterbacks, ones capable of contending for the Heisman Trophy

Reactions: scubastevefl
Good and salient topic. My quick take is ND hasn't had good QBs since Quinn and Clausen. The ones since have been average in my view.

ND seems to have trouble getting elite classic pocket passing QBs. Mostly running QBs that are limited in the pure passing game. Can work in college football, but you need the very best.

And sure, this 1 position is that impacting in this game of American football. ND is rolling dice with NIL ironically to compensate. The experiment hasn't improved things, as Hartman and Leonard exemplify.

Angeli > Leonard. Prove me wrong.

I couldn't even begin to prove this either way. I do know Leonard isn't good. But I've not seen enough of Angeli.

It's scary that perhaps Leonard is the best option at this point.

We're just guessing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT