ADVERTISEMENT

ND Duke MBB

Why is pflueger handling the ball. Duke guy embarrassed him. Even Dicky V ripping him.

Last edited:
Early going it looks like a mismatch athletically. Cement UA shoes!
Kids will play hard, but quite frankly it is a total mismatch. Guys like Pflueger wouldn't even be on Duke's team. So they will play hard and probably get run out of the gym. Big big talent gap. Hubb with a wide opened, uncontested 3 ball, and he shoots an airball ... are you kidding

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86
Kids will play hard, but quite frankly it is a total mismatch. Guys like Pflueger wouldn't even be on Duke's team. So they will play hard and probably grt run out of the gym. Big big talent gap. Hubb with a wide opened, uncontested 3 ball, and he shoots an airball ... are you kidding
I’m glad PFlueger is done this season!

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
I’m glad PFlueger is done this season!
Seems like a great kid, just has no talent. Hubb, who was fairly highly ranked also lacks talent. Hubb may have the worst jump shotvthat I've ever seen, just pitiful. We are just so undermaned, thst quite honestly we don't even belong on the court with Duke. Mooney is really our only player right now

Seems like a great kid, just has no talent. Hubb, who was fairly highly ranked also lacks talent. Hubb may have the worst jump shotvthat I've ever seen, just pitiful. We are just so undermaned, thst quite honestly we don't even belon
Mooney is holding them in this.....again! Only down 10 at half.

Other than Mooney, thats all they got. I have been a big fan of Brey but he is done. Just like bk, time for new blood. At least bk half ass recruits, brey doesn't even do that.
It’s stunning that nobody wants to play for him after winning an Acc and making a tournament run.

77 47 with 8 minuets to play.....unfortunately Duke doesn’t have a fourth string!

Pflueger was always a very good player. He is recovering from an ACL tear last season and has clearly lost mobility and a step or two.

Brey is that employee that’s a couple years from retirement and just shows up
Disagree. He gambled and lost. For years he built his team with quality players that were not necessarily elite and some were overlooked. The last few years he has been trying to get elite players with no results. While Duke brings in a steady stream of elite freshman Brey cant get anyone at all. There is no depth. You cant depend on 7 average to above average guys. He needs to start recruiting against Xavier, Cincy, Georgetown, Providence etc because they have players that are better than what we got. Lashezski, Goodwin and Carmody will never yield any results and Hubb is too inconsistent.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Just one of those days where you are totally overmatched. Durham and Mooney held their own, everybody else was awful, looked like the JV scrimmaging the varsity.

Reactions: Kelso86
We could end up playing Duke again in the ACC tourney. If we do here is some advice for Brey. When playing man to man defense dont leave your man- Ever! Take the baseline away from Mr. Drop step in the paint Always! Go low to Mooney and Durham Constantly! Put Dukes big men in foul trouble. Tell Gibbs to set him self before he shoots. Always! Even when his shot may get blocked! Gibbs has a bad habit of just throwing the ball at the rim without squaring up and that bad habit has to be broken. It causes Gibbs to play below his potential. Make the players practice layups because we miss too many puppies. Use back door plays and screens on offense. Duke plays a suffocating D. Keep them honest by going back door from the wings. Pick and roll plays to Mooney and Durham were great. We got beat in transition a lot which is a no no. All of the above are within the coaches and players control and there would be no blowout if some of the fundamentals along with playing with confidence were put into practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT