ADVERTISEMENT

ND Draft Prospects

IrishMike409

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
Driskell posted a nice article, highlighting the fact that ND has 4 NFL Draft Prospects in the Top 50: Morrison, Watts, Cross, and Evans.

To put this in perspective, top ranked tOSU has 6, while ND, Michigan and Oregon are next on the list with 4. Georgia has 2.

This roster is loaded. I'm excited to see what Freeman does with it. If Denbrock and Leonard are able to really connect and get it going.....then watch out. ND will be a factor in the playoff hunt.

Can't wait to see who emerges and captures starting roles on the OL and DL.

Driskell posted a nice article, highlighting the fact that ND has 4 NFL Draft Prospects in the Top 50: Morrison, Watts, Cross, and Evans.

To put this in perspective, top ranked tOSU has 6, while ND, Michigan and Oregon are next on the list with 4. Georgia has 2.

This roster is loaded. I'm excited to see what Freeman does with it. If Denbrock and Leonard are able to really connect and get it going.....then watch out. ND will be a factor in the playoff hunt.

Can't wait to see who emerges and captures starting roles on the OL and DL.
Those are prospects for the 2025 draft obviously.

I don't see Evans going top 50, and watts/cross will be close. Mills is probably up there too.

Those are prospects for the 2025 draft obviously.

I don't see Evans going top 50, and watts/cross will be close. Mills is probably up there too.
Not saying they will or won't but Mills and Leonard have top 50 talent. If they get there or not, we will see.

But I think we have 6 top 50 level talents. If 4 of them end up getting drafted top 50, that would be really impressive

Reactions: IrishMike409
FWIW, an early mock draft from PFF has 3 ND players going in the first round: Benjamin Morrison (#8), Howard Cross III (#23); and Mitchell Evans (#32). I think those selections are optimistic, though I can see both Morrison and Cross going in the first round if they have good seasons. Evans showed great promise last season before his injury, but we will have to see how he responds from ACL surgery. Xavier Watts will also do well, but safeties do no generally get picked early in the NFL draft.

FWIW, an early mock draft from PFF has 3 ND players going in the first round: Benjamin Morrison (#8), Howard Cross III (#23); and Mitchell Evans (#32). I think those selections are optimistic, though I can see both Morrison and Cross going in the first round if they have good seasons. Evans showed great promise last season before his injury, but we will have to see how he responds from ACL surgery. Xavier Watts will also do well, but safeties do no generally get picked early in the NFL draft.
I would be very surprised if Cross went 1st round. But for sure would be happy

Wait, you forgot Leonard. He'll be a first rounder, a few services say top ten. And when you add X, a safety, I know they don't go as high but still I'd say top 75, we do have some talent.... (And I'll take a lot of flak for this but believe Kiser is going to surprise people and go a lot highter than people think.)

It all comes down the O-Line, imo. Figure out a way to beat A&M and then they'll have time (3 weeks, at least) to come together.

I think the only surefire 1st rounder at this point is Morrison.

Watts
Cross
Mitchell

Will all be in the hunt and will have to play their way in. It's certainly possible.

Let's not forget, pre-injury, several mocks had Leonard going Rd 1. I'm not sure he's 1st round talent, but the guy was taking over games pre-injury. If he's healthy and aligned with Denbrock, then he's gonna be really good for us.

I’d be shocked at Cross going rd1. I love the guy, but that’s not happening IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT