ADVERTISEMENT

ND can force expansion of playoff teams

Since the playoff system began in 2014, there have been 13 playoff teams with 1 regular season loss, and 3 undefeated teams in the playoffs. Every national champion since 2014 has been a team with one regular season loss.

I'm all for going undefeated to get into the playoffs, but the fact is that most teams in the playoffs have a loss. ND has had, what, 2 undefeated regular seasons in the last 30 years?

I don't really like a scenario where a 1-loss ND team would have to watch some other 1-loss team celebrate a natty that ND had no shot at because ND didn't make the tiny playoff field.

Interesting stats. I was using 1 loss more analogously than literally though ..
The more teams you allow into the playoff the less critical the regular season is .. right now only the very elite / the very lucky (or both) make the playoff .. this means every single snap matters during the regular season .. every play is critical .. every performance can make a difference on your playoff worthiness .. no other sport is like it .. and it's the reason why im more of a die hard college football fan than any other sport

Since the playoff system began in 2014, there have been 13 playoff teams with 1 regular season loss, and 3 undefeated teams in the playoffs. Every national champion since 2014 has been a team with one regular season loss.

I'm all for going undefeated to get into the playoffs, but the fact is that most teams in the playoffs have a loss. ND has had, what, 2 undefeated regular seasons in the last 30 years?

I don't really like a scenario where a 1-loss ND team would have to watch some other 1-loss team celebrate a natty that ND had no shot at because ND didn't make the tiny playoff field.

I railed against the plyoff in 2013 for that exact reaspmn, the free mulligan loss.

You are infantile to say the least …. you actually have to be spoon fed … it's in this thread …. dumb and stupid aren't strong enough words for you ….. :eek:

Hey moron, a quote is different than a thread. You see, it's really quite simple. You highlite the particular QUOTE from the THREAD you want to comment on and have at it. You highlighted a QUOTE from page 2 of the THREAD, but commented on a QUOTE from page 1 of the THREAD. See, a QUOTE and a THREAD are 2 different things! You've only had 15 years to figure it out. Hopefully you will catch on. Of course, all you had to do was say you made a little error and all would have been forgotten. But you are to much of a POS to allow that.

A one loss ND would get in over a one loss UCF and maybe over a one loss Clemson & Washington. But I agree, a one loss ND wouldn't get in over a one loss SEC or Big Ten champion.

There are advantages and disadvantages to remaining independent. If you want the good you have to also accept the bad.

Hey moron, a quote is different than a thread. You see, it's really quite simple. You highlite the particular QUOTE from the THREAD you want to comment on and have at it. You highlighted a QUOTE from page 2 of the THREAD, but commented on a QUOTE from page 1 of the THREAD. See, a QUOTE and a THREAD are 2 different things! You've only had 15 years to figure it out. Hopefully you will catch on. Of course, all you had to do was say you made a little error and all would have been forgotten. But you are to much of a POS to allow that.

I know what a thread is and what a quote is ... apparently you would too if you could read and follow along .... this is one of the worst backtracks after infantile stupidity ... thx for coming around to embarrass yourself again

Oh .. and by the way ... your buddy Fiedy stated it again ... in this thread ..... LOL!

I know what a thread is and what a quote is ... apparently you would too if you could read and follow along .... this is one of the worst backtracks after infantile stupidity ... thx for coming around to embarrass yourself again

Oh .. and by the way ... your buddy Fiedy stated it again ... in this thread ..... LOL!

Hey jackass..you highlighted the WRONG quote. It's not a big deal, why the fvck can't you admit you made a mistake. Thanks for proving to the site why you are the biggest moron here. You are always right and your OPINION means more than anyone else's! BTW...when does grass seed go on sale? Did you clean up that mess in aisle 3? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey jackass..you highlighted the WRONG quote. It's not a big deal, why the fvck can't you admit you made a mistake. Thanks for proving to the site why you are the biggest moron here. You are always right and your OPINION means more than anyone else's! BTW...when does grass seed go on sale? Did you clean up that mess in aisle 3? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Imbecile comes to mind …. and no I didn't … and if you had half a brain you don't need me to highlight anything …. not only did scream bloody murder because your too stupid to follow the thread …. Friedy said it again …. imbecile …. :eek:

Any P5 undefeated team will get into the Top4. Meaning if you don’t make it’s your own fault.

Why devalue the regular season just to allow more teams a 2nd chance?

The value of each and every regular season game is what makes CFB so great.

Sorry, you’re just wrong.

This guy is on an island … I'll call it Stupid Island …. says things not heard anywhere else …. the only time I've heard anyone say 4 teams is too many …. SMH

"No I Didn't" Hey liar.....The first QUOTE is #54 on this THREAD. You highlighted that QUOTE on the 58th post on this THREAD.Are you saying you did not highlite the 54 post of this thread? i Where in that 54th post did Friedman say that 4 teams in is to many? I don't give a shit that he said it in other posts, and it is his opinion which he is allowed to have and it's no more or less important than an opinion you have, in the 54th post he did not say it. And you say you DID NOT QUOTE HIM! It's right there in black and white on PAGE 2 of this thread. yet you say you di not highlite his quote...what a freaking liar. But what you have going for you is that few if any posters read anything you post, so no one will actually see it!

As George Costanza said. "It's not a lie if you believe it!" way to go liar...

ND can join the SEC.

"No I Didn't" Hey liar.....The first QUOTE is #54 on this THREAD. You highlighted that QUOTE on the 58th post on this THREAD.Are you saying you did not highlite the 54 post of this thread? i Where in that 54th post did Friedman say that 4 teams in is to many? I don't give a shit that he said it in other posts, and it is his opinion which he is allowed to have and it's no more or less important than an opinion you have, in the 54th post he did not say it. And you say you DID NOT QUOTE HIM! It's right there in black and white on PAGE 2 of this thread. yet you say you di not highlite his quote...what a freaking liar. But what you have going for you is that few if any posters read anything you post, so no one will actually see it!

As George Costanza said. "It's not a lie if you believe it!" way to go liar...

Did your buddy say 4 teams were too many? .... Yes ... Did I point that out? ... Yes ..... Did you say he didn't? ... Yes ..... Was I right ? .. Yes ... Were you wrong? Yes ... Does this make you stupid because the proof was right in front of your face? .... No ... You were already stupid ..... :)

Drugs .. would explain it ... but I don't think it's drugs

Did your buddy say 4 teams were too many? .... Yes ... Did I point that out? ... Yes ..... Did you say he didn't? ... Yes ..... Was I right ? .. Yes ... Were you wrong? Yes ... Does this make you stupid because the proof was right in front of your face? .... No ... You were already stupid ..... :)

Drugs .. would explain it ... but I don't think it's drugs

Are you a liar?....yes....Do you need serious therapy?Are you the most ignorant asshat on this website?...yes...Never, ever wrong? yes...was I right that nobody reads anything you post?....yes...do you have a double shift at WalMart today?...yes.....And BTW, you sure as hell nailed that "Book is a serviceable back-up and that is all he will ever be!" To much of a pussy to admit you were wrong about that one as well, dipshit!

I agree with your sentiments. Many here seem to fear that ND having 1 loss automatically eliminates us from the playoffs, which is a valid concern. There's a lot of factors to consider but what I imagine would play a role is who and how ND lost to. Was it an upset loss to Navy or a 2 point loss at Clenson in a monsoon? Also, one thing ND can say that most playoff teams can't is that they didn't play an FCS team. I would hope that the CFP committee doesn't credit a 12-1 team as automatically better than an 11-1 ND team, especially if one of those 12 wins was against an fcs team.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
I agree with your sentiments. Many here seem to fear that ND having 1 loss automatically eliminates us from the playoffs, which is a valid concern. There's a lot of factors to consider but what I imagine would play a role is who and how ND lost to. Was it an upset loss to Navy or a 2 point loss at Clenson in a monsoon? Also, one thing ND can say that most playoff teams can't is that they didn't play an FCS team. I would hope that the CFP committee doesn't credit a 12-1 team as automatically better than an 11-1 ND team, especially if one of those 12 wins was against an fcs team.

I think that question was answered by Bama 2017.

Are you a liar?....yes....Do you need serious therapy?Are you the most ignorant asshat on this website?...yes...Never, ever wrong? yes...was I right that nobody reads anything you post?....yes...do you have a double shift at WalMart today?...yes.....And BTW, you sure as hell nailed that "Book is a serviceable back-up and that is all he will ever be!" To much of a pussy to admit you were wrong about that one as well, dipshit!

How is it the guy with multiple aliases is calling people liars? …. Book is playing fairly well which once again proves I was right … at the time he was a good backup .... never said that is all he'd be forever .... I did also predict Wimbush wouldn't last with Kelly ... although I'm surprised he lasted this long ... because Kelly has proven to be dumb ..... although …. like I also said … as the last game proved … Book is not very good with the deep ball …. he overthrew Finke by 20 yds … and did so again 2 more times with 2 other WR's

A lot of swearing in there …… sorry you're such an angry guy …. but not really …. LOL!

Let's not forget to add the biggest moron on this site, who also knows more than Kelly and has a particular boner for the men's bball coach!

HEY!! …. Another post dedicated to me! …. on a thread I'm not even involved with …. what does that make the score now? ….. 152 - 0 ….. LOL!

Whining about me again in other threads.... I obviously have a profound impact on you …. but seriously …. whine away …. what a baby :)

I agree with this. It seems like the current tiny playoff field only gives a mulligan loss to P5 teams, most notably the SEC. I don’t like the mulligan loss, but if they’re going to allow it, then an 8-team field seems more fair.

I agree with this. It seems like the current tiny playoff field only gives a mulligan loss to P5 teams, most notably the SEC. I don’t like the mulligan loss, but if they’re going to allow it, then an 8-team field seems more fair.
you have to look at the entire body of work. its quite rare to have multiple teams undefeated so quality of losses becomes a bigger part of the equation.

How is it the guy with multiple aliases is calling people liars? …. Book is playing fairly well which once again proves I was right … at the time he was a good backup .... never said that is all he'd be forever .... I did also predict Wimbush wouldn't last with Kelly ... although I'm surprised he lasted this long ... because Kelly has proven to be dumb ..... although …. like I also said … as the last game proved … Book is not very good with the deep ball …. he overthrew Finke by 20 yds … and did so again 2 more times with 2 other WR's

A lot of swearing in there …… sorry you're such an angry guy …. but not really …. LOL!

Hey liar, "Book is a serviceable back-up and that is all he will ever be." "Book is a back-up, albeit a good one." Those are 2 actual quotes. Of course you will lie, like you did on this thread when you said you NEVER quoted this Fried dude. Yet it is clear to see on page 2 of this thread, but you deny it. Nobody has responded to your thread because NOBODY reads anything you post. The site knows you to be a moron and a waste of time. Man, take it easy on the periods would ya! LMAO!

HEY!! …. Another post dedicated to me! …. on a thread I'm not even involved with …. what does that make the score now? ….. 152 - 0 ….. LOL!

Whining about me again in other threads.... I obviously have a profound impact on you …. but seriously …. whine away …. what a baby :)

I never used your handle! But if you want to take credit for it go ahead. But I am 100% correct. Just wait and see if ND loses a game, which you are laying and waiting for, you are just sitting back sharpening the knife. of course, the entire site doesnt respond to your posts or already has you on ignore so what's the diff? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I never used your handle! But if you want to take credit for it go ahead. But I am 100% correct. Just wait and see if ND loses a game, which you are laying and waiting for, you are just sitting back sharpening the knife. of course, the entire site doesnt respond to your posts or already has you on ignore so what's the diff? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

152 - 0 ...WAAAAH! .... LOL! :)

Hey liar, "Book is a serviceable back-up and that is all he will ever be." "Book is a back-up, albeit a good one." Those are 2 actual quotes. Of course you will lie, like you did on this thread when you said you NEVER quoted this Fried dude. Yet it is clear to see on page 2 of this thread, but you deny it. Nobody has responded to your thread because NOBODY reads anything you post. The site knows you to be a moron and a waste of time. Man, take it easy on the periods would ya! LMAO!

I do believe that Book was the backup at the time ... hmmmm ....never said that's all he will ever be .... I also never said Hawaii is out of the country ... LOL!

And I did copy his quote ... and the hilarity is that I had to ...... since he said it in the same thread you were claiming he never did ... that's a special kind of stupid .....duh :confused:

152 - 0 ...WAAAAH! .... LOL! :)

152-0? WTF is that? Why not make it 175-0? I know in your POS, pathetic life that it is very important to win on an anonymous message board. It's all you got. Maybe you can go into the lunchroom at Walmart and show this to all your buddies! Or go down to Paulie's Pub and grub and show the other barstool ballbusters you pal around with. Maybe get a free brewski out of the deal. Congrats on the big win. BTW, what the fvck does hawaii have to do with anything/

152-0? WTF is that? Why not make it 175-0? I know in your POS, pathetic life that it is very important to win on an anonymous message board. It's all you got. Maybe you can go into the lunchroom at Walmart and show this to all your buddies! Or go down to Paulie's Pub and grub and show the other barstool ballbusters you pal around with. Maybe get a free brewski out of the deal. Congrats on the big win. BTW, what the fvck does hawaii have to do with anything/

It will eventually be 175-0 I'm sure … patience …. one thing I don't do when I'm not working …. not Walmart … sorry …. is print off your posts to show others …. like you say you did ….. very pathetic …. as much as saying Hawaii is out of the country ….. LOL!

Too bad you can't get echo to help you …. you need a lot …. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT