ADVERTISEMENT

ND better join a conference or it is going to be this way forever,,,

pumpbeef

Future coach
Feb 7, 2015
I would say the Big 10 is the best bet...Independent is not going to make it anymore..In my day at the Dome maybe but no more...We are done with the AP and UPI and all that.....HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say the Big 10 is the best bet...Independent is not going to make it anymore..In my day at the Dome maybe but no more...We are done with the AP and UPI and all that.....HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean like the Big 12 OU is siting pretty and I believe will win the NC. An extra game means more wear and tear.

I would have agreed with you and would have said that the end of Notre Dame independence was near, UNTILL Swarbrick pulled off that coup with the ACC for full membership for all sports except football. With that deal, Notre Dame obtained everything it needed to allow themselves to remain Independent until Notre Dame itself feels that independence no longer benefits the University. When/if that time ever arrives, it will be a simple matter to slip into the ACC as a full member. I still shake my head in wonder that Jack was able to pull that deal off.

Well l Let's see if the college selection committee expands to 8 team playoff in the near future .It would only help ND 's independent status .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT