ADVERTISEMENT

ND and the Olympics

Jimbo32

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
Congratulations to Jewel and Jackie for making the US Womens Olympic Basketball team. They are well deserving .
Even though i am not a big fan of Caitlyn Clark, the WNBA made a huge mistake leaving her off the team. Caitlyn Clark is to the WNBA that Magic Johnson and Larry Bird was to the NBA. All three saved or are saving their leagues. The WNBA from what i read has not made money. Clark puts people in the stands, sells merchandise and has more people watching the WNBA on tv or computer. Having Caitlyn Clark on the Olympic team would mean $$$$'s. Its my belief, that Caitlyn Clark right now is the most devastating and scary offensive player in the WNBA. She will eventually be a double double machine and most likely threaten the 30 point scoring level on a routine basis.
In my opinion she reminds me of having a similar affect as Taylor Swift has on the young. The more players that knock her down the more popular she will become. No matter what you think of her, she is one tough basketball player.
Not sure i will watch any of the US WBB, because i scratch my head at the roster and wonder if they will even win the Gold Medal. My attitude would be entirely different if Clark was playing. Her 3 point shooting and accuracy would be deadly on the world stage. Maybe its not to late for her to be on a 3 on 3 team. At the end of the day, leaving Clark off the Olympic team in my opinion was another terrible business decision. Even though two great former Irish players are on the roster. It makes me wonder why Arike did not make the roster. The olympic game is a bit different then their normal games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News