ADVERTISEMENT

ND and MSU home and home 26 and 27

How did Scott Frost turn out at Nebraska? He’s from Nebraska and played there.

Matt Rhule was from the Northeast and did well at Baylor.

I don’t think Smith being from outside the Midwest is an issue at all. I’m interested in seeing how he does. I’d love to see them beat Michigan and OSU.
It isn't an issue. The dude can coach.

Did you go to the 1996 game in South Bend? If so, did you notice if they were just as bad on the road?
I went to both the 1995 and 1996 games. Their fans were just awful at both games. After the 1996 game, a chartered bus of their fans drove by a parking lot where a bunch of ND fans were tailgating. They lowered the bus windows, and these OSU fans, mostly in their 50s and 60s, collectively stuck their hands out the windows and gave us the finger. Really classy.

We usually play one Big Ten team a year. It'll be Purdue the next 2 years, then MSU after that.

Smith's a good coach, so they could be competitive by then.

We usually play one Big Ten team a year. It'll be Purdue the next 2 years, then MSU after that.

Smith's a good coach, so they could be competitive by then.
Watched Smith a ton at Oregon State. Certainly passes the eyeball test.

MSU vs ND is as traditional as any game. The history these two schools have on the gridiron is stuff of lore. When these two play each other , the helmets gotta be strapped in tight. It is always a physical game

Reactions: NDSMC78
How did Scott Frost turn out at Nebraska? He’s from Nebraska and played there.

Matt Rhule was from the Northeast and did well at Baylor.

I don’t think Smith being from outside the Midwest is an issue at all. I’m interested in seeing how he does. I’d love to see them beat Michigan and OSU.

I can't recall the last time Sparty beat OSU and Michigan in the same season. If not under Dantonio, possibly when Saban won the conference in his final year?

I can't recall the last time Sparty beat OSU and Michigan in the same season. If not under Dantonio, possibly when Saban won the conference in his final year?
2013 Sparty was likely the 2nd best team in the country. People who say Kelly never had a quality win omit that one, probably because Sparty was unranked at game time. Neither Auburn nor FSU was dominant so he denied Sparty a great chance at the title.

I am glad this game is being played. We have a historical relationship with MSU and for a long time the games were more interesting.

The Ohio St. fan base, grown men all wearing replica jerseys, is the worst fan base I have ever experienced.
I’m not going to argue on that one. I get it for sure.

But when you’re at MSU for a night game on your 18th birthday and you have grown men spitting at you as you walk out of the stadium, a different kind of hatred grows.

Good coach, not sure about the fit at Mich state. Like the QB. Maybe 7 wins this year if he does a good job

If he doesn't hit 6 wins, mich st fans should be disappointed and slightly worried
With how MSU’s roster was decimated by the portal, I wouldn’t say under 6 losses should cause worry, yet. Unless they lose to Prairie View or something like that.

I believe gambling books have their win/loss total at 4.5 wins.

MSU vs ND is as traditional as any game. The history these two schools have on the gridiron is stuff of lore. When these two play each other , the helmets gotta be strapped in tight. It is always a physical game
Totally agree. Even our last game where I think we won by 20 pts, my recollection is of a really physical hard fought win. Wish we could renew this series and the Michigan series. Love the anxiety and emotion that comes with these games, but little to no chance we’ll ever get three (incl. USC) Big games locked into our schedule again.

Reactions: tkirish
Totally agree. Even our last game where I think we won by 20 pts, my recollection is of a really physical hard fought win. Wish we could renew this series and the Michigan series. Love the anxiety and emotion that comes with these games, but little to no chance we’ll ever get three (incl. USC) Big games locked into our schedule again.
I’ll second all of that.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
1-2 Big 10 games annually are enough if you are Notre Dame, whose administration embraces a national, coast to coast schedule.

F... Michigan.

1-2 Big 10 games annually are enough if you are Notre Dame, whose administration embraces a national, coast to coast schedule.

F... Michigan.
Adding Michigan and Michigan St does not take away from our national, coast to coast schedule. We would still have Navy and Stanford, and four ACC games. But there’s nothing to debate here; as I said, this would give us three Big games every year, and no way will the Big facilitate this with all their in conference games. You say f…k Michigan, and I share the sentiment, but by beating their ass on the field.

Adding Michigan and Michigan St does not take away from our national, coast to coast schedule. We would still have Navy and Stanford, and four ACC games. But there’s nothing to debate here; as I said, this would give us three Big games every year, and no way will the Big facilitate this with all their in conference games. You say f…k Michigan, and I share the sentiment, but by beating their ass on the field.
Like I said earlier, F... Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT