ADVERTISEMENT

NBC’s preferred slate of Saturday primetime games for the 2024 season

Quix0te

Irish Insider
Apr 10, 2018
McMurphy claims to know NBC’s preferred slate of primetime games for the whole season:

Sept 21 Iowa at Minnesota
Sept 28 Illinois at Penn St
Oct 5 Michigan at Washington
Oct 12 Ohio St at Oregon
Oct 19 Iowa at Michigan St
Oct 26 Penn St at Wisconsin
Nov 2 USC at Washington
Nov 9 FSU at Notre Dame
Nov 16 Oregon at Wisconsin
Nov 23 USC at UCLA
Nov 30 Oregon at Washington

Washington has 3 prime time games this year and they are going to take a huge step back this season. If so, NBCs prime time slate is pretty bad

The total amount of NIL $$$$$$$ when Ohio St. plays at Oregon is substantial.

Well, NBC has the option of showing Miami of Ohio vs ND during that primetime slot. I wonder why they aren't doing that?
Because that is NOT a prime time type of game -- for ND or NBC. And, NBC has to "showcase" many of the B1G teams somehow during the season ... there are only so many "quality" games in the B1G to go around.

Why is it of concern fro you as to when ND is on TV?

Why is it of concern fro you as to when ND is on TV?
It isn't. I posted the info to inform you when the Big Ten will be in prime time on NBC. This year there will be between 14 and 16 Big Ten Saturday Night games on NBC plus 8 games on Peacock.

Surprised ND at Purdue isn't on the list. It's a B1G/ND Crossover. Also ND at USC. Would think NBC would want to finally get their hands on that game.

It isn't. I posted the info to inform you when the Big Ten will be in prime time on NBC. This year there will be between 14 and 16 Big Ten Saturday Night games on NBC plus 8 games on Peacock.

This is an ND board, not a Big 10 board or a board of a Big 10 school. Why are you here?

This is an ND board, not a Big 10 board or a board of a Big 10 school. Why are you here?
Why the snark? What is your problem? I haven't posted anything that is adversarial here.

ND's TV sponsor has chosen to make ND and the Big Ten a package deal for the next few years whether you or I like it or not. NBC will be bundling Big Ten and ND games for the next six years at about a 3:1 ratio. Also, the Purdue-ND series has been renewed for at least five years. That should be more interesting than Navy.

Why the snark? What is your problem? I haven't posted anything that is adversarial here.

ND's TV sponsor has chosen to make ND and the Big Ten a package deal for the next few years whether you or I like it or not. NBC will be bundling Big Ten and ND games for the next six years at about a 3:1 ratio. Also, the Purdue-ND series has been renewed for at least five years. That should be more interesting than Navy.
Why the snark? The question is why you keep coming over here to tell us about Big 10 goings on. This is not a Big 10 board. It's really not that difficult to figure out.

The question is why you keep coming over here to tell us about Big 10 goings on.
I'm not telling you about "Big 10 goings on." I'm telling you about NBC's fall telecasts "goings on." If you don't want to read it, don't.

It's Purdon't.

"I posted the info to inform you when the Big Ten will be in prime time on NBC."

Do you really think an ND board is interested in any, way shape or form about NBC's B1G game lineup and what games are in primetime?

Reactions: NDSMC78
"I posted the info to inform you when the Big Ten will be in prime time on NBC."

Do you really think an ND board is interested in any, way shape or form about NBC's B1G game lineup and what games are in primetime?
Answer. No.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
If you're not interested in any, way shape or form about the NBC football schedule, then stop reading my posts and stifle. If you see a post by me, don't read it. From the various responses, it is obvious some others are interested in that info.

Purdidn't, Purneverwill.
That childish response shows at least a glimmer of understanding. This forum is about "rivals", hence the name. Do you understand that your opponents can post here and engage in civil discussions?

That childish response shows at least a glimmer of understanding. This forum is about "rivals", hence the name. Do you understand that your opponents can post here and engage in civil discussions?
The disdain for Michigan Football and anything associated with Michigan runs pretty deep here.

Reactions: Kelso86
If you're not interested in any, way shape or form about the NBC football schedule, then stop reading my posts and stifle. If you see a post by me, don't read it. From the various responses, it is obvious some others are interested in that info.
"If you're not interested in any, way shape or form about the NBC football schedule, "

I, like everyone else here, am INTERESTED in ND's schedule (and future schedules) -- what we ARE NOT INTERESTED in is anything related to the B1G and their scheduling -- which appears to be the main focus of anything you post. And, from the many responses I have read, no one else is interested in what you post either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT