ADVERTISEMENT

Name some of your disappointments as a ND fan

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
A couple of mine
1- Golson, Stephenson and to a very small extent Floyd for letting off field issues derail a promising ND career
2- losing Out on players who wanted to come to ND. Like That great receiver from w Virginia who went to Marshall. Brain fart.
3- terrible call in 2015 vs fsu.
4- rocket losing heisman
5- BC 93 and bs title to fsu
6- not playing deep on Adrian jerrell SC 2005

A couple of mine
1- Golson, Stephenson and to a very small extent Floyd for letting off field issues derail a promising ND career
2- losing Out on players who wanted to come to ND. Like That great receiver from w Virginia who went to Marshall. Brain fart.
4- rocket losing heisman
#6 also. Zbikowski biting on the play action fake on 4th and 15 or 19 I believe causing him to be late on his help responsibility. The rest is history. Also Pete Bercich in 93 against BC. Ugh.

A couple of mine
4- rocket losing heisman
"2- losing Out on players who wanted to come to ND. Like That great receiver from w Virginia who went to Marshall. Brain fart"

I think he kind of blew it himself. But, would liked to have seen him at ND.

"6- not playing deep on Adrian jerrell SC 2005"

As Echo said above -- Zibby biting on play action on 4th and 15 or so --

Reactions: theskibro
A couple of mine
4- rocket losing heisman
Nothing tops the Michigan-2011 loss for me.

#6 also. Zbikowski biting on the play action fake on 4th and 15 or 19 I believe causing him to be late on his help responsibility. The rest is history. Also Pete Bercich in 93 against BC. Ugh.
LMFAO.

It was fourth and 9. Get your facts straight.

Ronnie Lott could not have stopped that. Ditto Ed Reed.

Watch the film. There was no play action fake on that play. Tommy Z did not bite on anything. It was a perfect pass by Matt Leinart...thrown quickly, Ambrose Wooden covered it well, WR Dwayne Jarrett simply made one hell of a catch.

Again. Go watch the film. And get your facts straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDDadx3
LMFAO.

Watch the film. There was no play action fake on that play. Tommy Z did not bite on anything. It was a perfect pass by Matt Leinart...thrown quickly, Ambrose Wooden covered it well, WR Dwayne Jarrett simply made one hell of a catch.
Safety and corner should never have let Jarrett get behind them. Play with more depth and keep everything in front even if you give up the first.

It was poorly called or executed by the D

LMFAO.

SC was also out of time. If we tackle Jarret even after a first down the Trojans are still in a lot of trouble. Get your game situation straight.

LMFAO.

My point on this play was to give them a first down n play deep. Wooden did not need to be covering that tight. Great throw n yards after catch would have been negated with soft coverage

LMFAO.

"It was fourth and 9. Get your facts straight."

Regardless, biting on a play action (and cheap attempt at one) and letting Jarrett get behind the defenders should never have happened.

"It was fourth and 9. Get your facts straight."

Regardless, biting on a play action (and cheap attempt at one) and letting Jarrett get behind the defenders should never have happened.
Randy Moss. End of brain fart

Reactions: Kelso86
ND's inability to land elite, 5-star talent each recruiting cycle.

My point on this play was to give them a first down n play deep. Wooden did not need to be covering that tight. Great throw n yards after catch would have been negated with soft coverage
I watched the film again, just now. There was zero play action on the play. What in the hell are you supposed to do to stop that? Ambrose Wooden played flawless coverage on the play, Leinart took a three step drop, maybe 4, and threw a perfect pass to a skilled 6-5 WR that was covered like a blanket. To fault the Notre Dame defense that they should have done this or should have done that is laughable, after the fact second guessing.

I watched the film again, just now. There was zero play action on the play. What in the hell are you supposed to do to stop that? Ambrose Wooden played flawless coverage on the play, Leinart took a three step drop, maybe 4, and threw a perfect pass to a skilled 6-5 WR that was covered like a blanket. To fault the Notre Dame defense that they should have done this or should have done that is laughable, after the fact second guessing.
No. They should have been playing more off coverage and with greater depth. It was a mistake

No. They should have been playing more off coverage and with greater depth. It was a mistake
Couch critics.

And an after the fact couch critic.

You play not to lose and get beat like that you get criticized. You play to win like Notre Dame did, you get criticized.

Couch critics.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
A couple of mine
4- rocket losing heisman
1. Getting rid of on campus housing specifically dedicated to married couples.
2. Arresting the priests that were peacefully protesting Obama's commencement speech.
3. Not letting in Randy Moss (take soft factors into consideration. Even Harvard admissions does that).
4. Resisting obvious progress like jumbotrons. Not asking them to change traditions or significantly bend academic rules, but at least stay within the 21st century. If you're super traditional, practice in leather helmets, get rid of credit card machines, wifi, and air conditioning in the athletic directors office too.

Reactions: adrian1477

There was another play, earlier in the quarter, when Quinn couldn't connect with the fullback, Powers Neal, I think was his name, on a swing pass that probably would have gotten a first down. Instead, we settled for a field goal.

Some of my angriest moments.
1. Bush Push. But worse the huge 4th down pass prior to it.
2. Any game we go prevent when we have the lead. A ND tradition.
4. Miami game 🤮
5. Last Michigan game 🤮
6. How some fans turned on Manti just bc the media did.

• Love
Reactions: Terry Jillery
happy charlie weis GIF by NBC Sports Boston

There was another play, earlier in the quarter, when Quinn couldn't connect with the fullback, Powers Neal, I think was his name, on a swing pass that probably would have gotten a first down. Instead, we settled for a field goal.
that was the late Aesop Schwap rip. There many wouldas in that game (Fasano fumble). The first was probably the suspension of RPN the week before the game.

Woulda: I would like to add the SC defense. If the Trojans would have tackled Darius Walker with 3 min left (from the 30) or Brady Quin on basically a qb draw (from the 5) ND either makes it the last drive of the game or kicks off with very little time left.

I guess mainly that Kansas St. couldn't hold on in 2012, and I think Baylor beat them last week of the season. 'Cause we probably could have taken them in the title game. So that would have been nice....

Reactions: HRC08 and NDDadx3
Mine are:

- The Colorado football game - Rocket ran for a TD on the kickoff and a phantom penalty was called
- The Notre Dame basketball team losing in the elite to Kentucky
- The Clemson Football game (Monsoon) that we lost due to a penalty being called on a so-called pick play in the endzone
- The first football game that we lost to Navy
- This season's Marshall and Standford loses
- 1993 loss to Boston College (Missed out on another Natty)
- 1970 loss to Southern Cal (31 - 28)
- Loss to Southern Cal (Anthony Davis)
- Any loss to Michigan

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Forced Vaccines for all students, even children with no efficacy.
1. Getting rid of on campus housing specifically dedicated to married couples.
2. Arresting the priests that were peacefully protesting Obama's commencement speech.
3. Not letting in Randy Moss (take soft factors into consideration. Even Harvard admissions does that).
4. Resisting obvious progress like jumbotrons. Not asking them to change traditions or significantly bend academic rules, but at least stay within the 21st century. If you're super traditional, practice in leather helmets, get rid of credit card machines, wifi, and air conditioning in the athletic directors office too.
Randy Moss was given multiple second chances. Bobby Bowden gave him a chance then had to get rid of him. That’s how he ended up @ Marshall. Trust me I would have loved him @ ND.

For me there is one that stands above the others - the bs holding penalty on Meeker that cost us a TD, the win against USC and national championship in 1964.

Reactions: NDDadx3
For me there is one that stands above the others - the bs holding penalty on Meeker that cost us a TD, the win against USC and national championship in 1964.
Wow. Love the old ones. Joel Williams screwed against Michigan in 85/86. Pat Ryan ref screwed us against FSU.

WBB team letting Texas A&M come back to with the National Championship in 2011. I don't mind (so much) losing to a better team, but that was the one we let get away.

A couple of mine
4- rocket losing heisman
1. Fake turf
2. Fake noise
3. Fake Irish Guard
4. Fake music
5. Needless additions onto the stadium.

6. Fake credentials. ND now openly boasts that they do not require applicants to take a standardized test and that nearly 1/3 of the admitted students did not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT