ADVERTISEMENT

Mills is back !

Freeman can get the defensive players to come back and play out eligibility, we only need X now to make it complete. He hasn't been able to do the same with his offensive players.

Kelly players left at the first opportunity.

Freeman can get the defensive players to come back and play out eligibility, we only need X now to make it complete. He hasn't been able to do the same with his offensive players.

I think this year’s case is less about defense vs offense, and more about when players will be drafted— specifically Alt, Estime, & Hart.

I will say Fisher is a bit of a head scratcher….

Reactions: 1Redrum and GDFan

"Kelly players left at the first opportunity"

Dumb comment of the year award and the year is almost over. Well done.

One of kelly's biggest strengths was getting his players to come back. Go look at how many ND players left ND early under Kelly for the NFL. There's 3 this year alone going pro as JRs.

Kelly got first/second rounders to even come back at times to move up higher in the first round like martin, stanley, nelson, mike M, etc.

We are getting some good players back this year, no doubt, and important, but not one was expected to be drafted in the first 2 or probably 3 rounds.

Not getting fisher to come back for next year is insane, it's about as bad as when EQ went pro after 2017

Reactions: notredamerises23
No new on watts but he was first to comment on mills announcement...

One of kelly's biggest strengths was getting his players to come back. Go look at how many ND players left ND early under Kelly for the NFL. There's 3 this year alone going pro as JRs.

Kelly got first/second rounders to even come back at times to move up higher in the first round like martin, stanley, nelson, mike M, etc.

We are getting some good players back this year, no doubt, and important, but not one was expected to be drafted in the first 2 or probably 3 rounds.

Not getting fisher to come back for next year is insane, it's about as bad as when EQ went pro after 2017
Check your facts, dope. Nelson left early. EQ, Fuller, even Golson left him his senior year.

Reactions: Kelso86
Another big one coming back.
Our wish list is looking damn good! Really wanted Cross and Mills to return to shore up the middle of our DL. Wanted Oben to replace Baptiste. Now, we need Watts to return, which looks better than a 75% possibility at this point. Assuming Golden and Watts return, our Defense will keep us in every game.

Reactions: IrishMike409

"Dumb comment of the year award and the year is almost over. Well done."

Nice compliment -- especially from one who has many in his own right.

Check your facts, dope. Nelson left early. EQ, Fuller, even Golson left him his senior year.
ha... oh really. Your Dumb @$$ comment was people left at their first opportunity

Here's the article of Nelson announcing his return for his senior year and NOT leaving at his first opportunity when he was projected 1st/2nd round after his JR year.

EQ left early and that was stupid, i even stated that

Fuller leaving early was not dumb

Golson graduated from ND then transferred, that's not leaving at the first opportunity and it's not going to the NFL

My lord you doubled down on dumb

My point was accurate.... Very few people left ND under Kelly after their JR year for the NFL, and even fewer that shouldn't have

Alt no brainer, estime we all understand, fisher is stupid

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/quenton-nelson-declares-for-draft/Here's the article of Nelson announcing his return for his senior year and NOT leaving at his first opportunity when he was projected 1st/2nd round after his JR year.

"Nelson said Jan. 1 that he would forgo his senior season at Notre Dame and enter the 2018 NFL Draft,"

Not saying you're dumb, but reading isn't really that hard.

I don't care what these guys do in the NFL. I'm a fan of ND football. This is a ND football board. While I'm happy for them, the fact that they were successful in the league leaving early doesn't mean anything at all to me.

While you throw out your insults and call everyone dumb, get your facts straight. Nelson left early for the draft, and Kelly failed to keep him for his entire eligibility.

ND would have had a better team if Nelson, Golson, Fuller, Procise, Love, Clausen, etc etc etc had returned to play out their eligibility. But they couldn't wait to get away for Kelly, for whatever reason.

Nelson left early. You can have your own opinions, just not your own facts.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

"Nelson said Jan. 1 that he would forgo his senior season at Notre Dame and enter the 2018 NFL Draft,"

I don't care what these guys do in the NFL. I'm a fan of ND football. This is a ND football board. While I'm happy for them, the fact that they were successful in the league leaving early doesn't mean anything at all to me.

While you throw out your insults and call everyone dumb, get your facts straight. Nelson left early for the draft, and Kelly failed to keep him for his entire eligibility.

ND would have had a better team if Nelson, Golson, Fuller, Procise, Love, Clausen, etc etc etc had returned to play out their eligibility. But they couldn't wait to get away for Kelly, for whatever reason.

Quenton Nelson spent 4 seasons at Notre Dame, and graduated before entering the NFL. In whose world is that considered leaving early?

That's not a Nelson quote, that's an article that was not correct. Oh now you move goal posts to say if someone doesn't stay for their entire elgibility it's leaving early!!!! hahaha, there's 5th yr, there's 6th years, you want to say that's leaving early if they don't stay until grad students, ha.

This is after you stated PLAYERS LEAVE KELLY AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY. When is that, that's after their 3rd year in school, not 3rd year playing, not 3rd year of starting, they can leave after their jr year. It rarely happened under kelly, and it's why he had some really good teams, most of them were old.

Nelson COULD have left after his jr year and been drafted early, he stayed for his sr year and got drafted really early. I sure hope he does, but I want to see freeman get an early NFL draft pick to stay another year to be drafted even earlier.

Meanwhile EQSB is finishing year 6 in the NFL. Salary--1.165 Million.

Not a bad living at age 27.

While I enjoy reading the other posters burning hair and exploding heads reading this, it is possible that Freeman is getting an unexpected benefit of NIL. It's gotta be much easier staying at ND for senior year and getting paid 2 or 400k whatever they are earning. I don't know what they are getting paid but it's surely better than 100 bucks a month from home to spend on movie night with friends or whatever. Like it was 10 years ago.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
While I enjoy reading the other posters burning hair and exploding heads reading this, it is possible that Freeman is getting an unexpected benefit of NIL. It's gotta be much easier staying at ND for senior year and getting paid 2 or 400k whatever they are earning. I don't know what they are getting paid but it's surely better than 100 bucks a month from home to spend on movie night with friends or whatever. Like it was 10 years ago.
That could be a factor for some guys staying longer nowadays.

Great news for our defense, though. We should have a very good DL next year.

Blake Fisher disagrees here. So does Audric Estime.

The Sunday dream. And I don't blame either of them one bit.

Blake Fisher disagrees here. So does Audric Estime.

The Sunday dream. And I don't blame either of them one bit.
Mills doesn't, ditto Cross, hopefully Watts. NFL will be there next year. You only get so many shots at the title with your college buddies.

Mills doesn't, ditto Cross, hopefully Watts. NFL will be there next year. You only get so many shots at the title with your college buddies.
The NFL minimum is $915,00.00 per year in 2024. And you only get so many shots getting paid really really well.

Q did not leave early. Four seasons at Notre Dame. EQSB left early, then came back and earned his degree, and EQ is now on year 6 in the NFL.

The NFL minimum is $915,00.00 per year in 2024. And you only get so many shots getting paid really really well.
Let's see, after paying your agent and taxes, that's about 300k net. For some of us, it's an average year.
Q did not leave early. Four seasons at Notre Dame. EQSB left early, then came back and earned his degree, and EQ is now on year 6 in the NFL.
Your argument isn't with me, it's with CBS Sports.

Congrats to ESB.

Aren't you the guy that hangs out with Tom Brady and the owner of the Pats? Do you prefer to be addressed Mr. Bonaparte or the informal Napoleon?

Last edited:
Let's see, after paying your agent and taxes, that's about 300k net. For some of us, it's an average year.

Your argument isn't with me, it's with CBS Sports.

Congrats to ESB.

Aren't you the guy that hangs out with Tom Brady and the owner of the Pats? Do you prefer to be addressed Mr. Bonaparte or the informal Napoleon?
At age 21, when you get paid $915,000.00 to play football games from September through January, congratulations.

At age 21, when you get paid $915,000.00 to play football games from September through January, congratulations.
Or you can be 21, work in Machine Learning, make 900k and have zero damage done to your body. And you will have a much longer career. So, what's your point?

And you don't have to pay an agent.

I'm still getting used to the idea of how this benefits the universities or the game.

I'm still getting used to the idea of how this benefits the universities or the game.
An ND degree is even more appealing to someone who only has to complete 1 or 2 years. Plus i think transfer guys have a more realistic view of their NFL dream & having a plan b like a ND degree is hard to turn down if they think the NFL might not be in their future or the exposure ND gives them will help their draft status.

Notre Dame players doing well in the NFL helps in recruiting. Also, the ones who graduated from Notre Dame – they are fellow alums, and I will always root for fellow alums. I know this doesn’t mean much for people who only follow Notre Dame football, and have nothing else to do with the university..

Pete Sampson

@PeteSampson_

Oregon State interim coach Kefense Hynson on Notre Dame's roster, starts with how old the Irish are on defense and that says something about the culture Marcus Freeman has built considering how many players transfer in modern college football.

hmm. not an anonymous internet poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT