ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan just like ND

irishcatman

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 5, 2004
l know both of these teams hate each other, and each claim superiority over the other but consider if u will...
Both schools have coaches that are supposed to be "elite" or at least VERY good
Both schools have rich college football traditions
Have RABID fan bases
Both schools have had poor coaches that have damaged their programs in the past that have taken literally years to dig out from
Both teams have a built in 9 win schedule pretty much every year
Both coaches woefully under perform against the top competition
Neither coach can find/develop a QB

rinse....repeat

Yeah l know they have scoreboard rights to us for the next 14 years, but in reality these schools have a lot in common football wise..

thoughts

We are both dealing with academic restrictions (UM not as much) and getting out recruited by Ohio State and other programs. We can’t close the gap in recruiting. It’s not a coaching issue. It’s a recruiting issue.

UM hasn’t won a bowl game in 4 seasons. UM hasn’t won their own division let alone the B1G in a long time, and that as you know means UM hasn’t sniffed tourny or BCS title contention. Meanwhile ND has been in title contention late into more than a few seasons, finished undefeated reg season twice this decade, and played in one bcs title game and qualified for the tourny. In the last 4/5 seasons ND is 2-1 v UM. That is a cherry picked timeframe I know but I assure you any UM fan lurking (and boy are there a lot!) will do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: SIhoosier26
Seems to be like you are only using certain facts to support your agenda, these do not tell the whole story what so ever when comparing the two teams. Yes there are some similarities in mediocrity over the past decade or so, but I think Notre Dame and Brain Kelly have proven to be better than Jimmy H and UM.

Record against rivals?
Top 10 finishes?
Bowl record?
Players Drafted?
Recruiting rankings?
CFP appearances?
National Championship appearances?

Those facts were not mentioned in your comparison.

Notre Dame has been far better than Michigan, they haven't even won the Big 10 in 20 years, led alone made the playoff/championship game.

Am I missing a championship from last year? Just go ahead and name it and I’ll eat crow here.

"Decades removed from championship football"
I am not sure you understand that in order to be completely removed from something that means you cant be close to it at all. We have played in a Championship game and made the playoff. We are not champions but we are not removed from championship football. If you are going to try and hurl insults I suggest you check your verbiage before you do so.

Reactions: GDRAGONS
"Decades removed from championship football" I am not sure you understand that in order to be completely removed from something that means you cant be close to it at all. We have played in a Championship game and made the playoff. We are not champions but we are not removed from championship football. If you are going to try and hurl insults I suggest you check your verbiage before you do so.

Actually maybe before I respond to a post I should check that I’m not being engaged by a fool first?

"Decades removed from championship football" completely false, disproved by facts.

Name the championship? You can’t. You proved nothing. Wanting to believe making it to the game is equivalent to winning it is idiotic. You are living a lie. I would feel sorry for you if you were not so angry and abrasive. You should work on you a bit and take a break from posting for a bit.

Name the championship? You can’t. You proved nothing. Wanting to believe making it to the game is equivalent to winning it is idiotic. You are living a lie. I would feel sorry for you if you were not so angry and abrasive. You should work on you a bit and take a break from posting for a bit.

"We have played in a Championship game and made the playoff. We are not champions but we are not removed from championship football." This is from my post when I responded to you.

Clearly reading comprehension eludes you. Sorry for your low IQ struggles man, I know its hard for people like you in this cold abrasive world where you have to answer for the stupid things you say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT