ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball MBB: 2024 PF target locks in Notre Dame official visit, talks spring training

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame 2024 power forward target Jackson McAndrew told me he's set an official visit to Notre Dame for June 16-18.

The 6-foot-9, 210-pound power forward received an offer from the Irish on April 13 and had positive things to say about head coach Micah Shrewsberry following his offer.

Now, he's eager to take the next step and visit the Irish.

"I’m very excited for the Notre Dame visit," McAndrew told Inside ND Sports. "It’ll be the first time I see everything there and will allow me to spend more time with players and coaches. Also, I will be able to check out campus and facilities."

McAndrew attends Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata and led the Trojans to the Class 4A boys basketball state title after scoring 25 points in the championship game. He was selected to the All-Tournament Team for his performance throughout the postseason.

McAndrew plays for Howard Pulley Basketball on the Nike EYBL AAU circuit and said he’s had a productive spring.

"Our team has had a solid start to the Nike sessions," McAndrew said. "Training-wise, I have been able to get a lot in. We’ve got practices for AAU [and] I’ve been lifting four times a week, doing vertical and speed agility performance training three times a week, on-court training two times a week and tournaments most weekends. "

Rivals has McAndrew rated as a three-star prospect in the 2024 recruiting class. He is not ranked at his position or in his state. He previously said academics, coaches and player development are his biggest priorities in choosing a school.

McAndrew holds eight offers from Creighton, Iowa, Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Notre Dame, St. Thomas and Wisconsin. He visited Creighton in February and Wisconsin last October. He also took a game day visit to Iowa in March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News