ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule going to Carolina Panthers

Did great things quickly at Baylor.... but I can't blame him for leaving as soon as possible.... Waco is one of the trashiest cities I have been to lol.

Be interested to see if he can make the proven hard jump to the NFL.

doesn’t have to recruit anymore!

btw, any recruits comment?

Maybe it’ll be a failed experiment. I’m not wishing bad things for him - love his coaching style. I just want him at ND in 2-3 years when Kelly is gone lol.

Reactions: chitown sot
Schiano 2.0?
What has he done to earn an NFL opportunity? Competitive at Temple, competitive at Baylor.

He took 2 of the worst teams in the country and had them winning 10+ games in 3 years. That’s damn impressive.
Baylor had all the money, resources and facilities needed.. 100%. He did a great job but let’s not act like he went to Kansas or something similar.

Baylor had all the money, resources and facilities needed.. 100%. He did a great job but let’s not act like he went to Kansas or something similar.

That’s fair. Maybe not the worst teams...but still wasn’t easy at Baylor given the aftermath of everything that happened.

Reactions: Catholicfan95

Dude, he took over a program that had rape allegations (a myriad of other tragedies) and was decimated 4 years ago. Sure he had all the money down there to back him up, but to me Baylor was just as bad as Kansas was when he took over. I see Big 12 games weekly Baylor was bad.

No one thought he'd turn it around in 3 years, and no coach wanted that job. You're acting like Waco is College Sation, it's still Waco Texas. Have you been there? Not much around.

Ridiculous contract. Panthers are crazy to pay an unproven NFL coach that type of money. I see these other posts talking about him being the ND future head coach, along with other names in other threads. No one appears to be mentioning Lea who I think would be a good choice.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Ridiculous contract. Panthers are crazy to pay an unproven NFL coach that type of money. I see these other posts talking about him being the ND future head coach, along with other names in other threads. No one appears to be mentioning Lea who I think would be a good choice.

I’d like to see one more year of sustained success from Lea, as well as some head coaching success when he eventually gets the opportunity. He’s definitely an option in my book though.

He took 2 of the worst teams in the country and had them winning 10+ games in 3 years. That’s damn impressive.

Not as impressive as Brian Kelly's recent run of success at Notre Dame. My question is why hasn't the NFL been knocking on Kelly's door? I mean the guy has put all of these 10-win seasons together at a place where you can't get the top-flight talent in the door because of admissions or academics or because it's South Bend or because of the climate. I mean doesn't anyone in the NFL recognize the what a talented head coach Brian Kelly is. Why don't they want this guy? He's a winner.

Not as impressive as Brian Kelly's recent run of success at Notre Dame. My question is why hasn't the NFL been knocking on Kelly's door? I mean the guy has put all of these 10-win seasons together at a place where you can't get the top-flight talent in the door because of admissions or academics or because it's South Bend or because of the climate. I mean doesn't anyone in the NFL recognize the what a talented head coach Brian Kelly is. Why don't they want this guy? He's a winner.
I hope this is sarcasm....assuming it is, I love it!

Spot on.

I'm in North Carolina and a Panthers fan (not a Cam fan, though).

There is a long list of great college coaches that just didn't work out in the NFL, and $60 million guaranteed is a huge risk. I think he's a good coach and of course hope he will succeed in Charlotte, but only time will tell.

They want coaches who can win big games in the NFL not people who are happy with moral victories.

Watched the introduction video of Matt in Carolina today and it was awesome. Guy seems to really have something special.

The NFL is a different game so who knows how much success he will have. Good for him for working hard and getting to the top of the sport. I'm rooting for the guy.0

Spot on.

I'm in North Carolina and a Panthers fan (not a Cam fan, though).

There is a long list of great college coaches that just didn't work out in the NFL, and $60 million guaranteed is a huge risk. I think he's a good coach and of course hope he will succeed in Charlotte, but only time will tell.

If the owner’s willing to pay it and doesn’t care, it’s not really a risk like a contract for an NFL/NBA player that eats up salary cap space.

That said, it’s very, very difficult to win in the NFL if you don’t have a QB. That’s going to be his first concern (i.e., see if Newton has anything left going forward and/or do they even want him).

Dude, he took over a program that had rape allegations (a myriad of other tragedies) and was decimated 4 years ago. Sure he had all the money down there to back him up, but to me Baylor was just as bad as Kansas was when he took over. I see Big 12 games weekly Baylor was bad.

No one thought he'd turn it around in 3 years, and no coach wanted that job. You're acting like Waco is College Sation, it's still Waco Texas. Have you been there? Not much around.
Have you ever been to South Bend ?

Schiano 2.0?
What has he done to earn an NFL opportunity? Competitive at Temple, competitive at Baylor.
Potential. Strike while the iron is hot. Kelly tried before getting blasted by Bama. Once Kelly went 4-8 his NFL aspirations were gone for good. Rhule doesn’t want to become Kelly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT