ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Where Notre Dame Stands With Targets In 2023 Rivals250

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

This was popular the last time I did this, so we'll do it again with the release of the 2023 Rivals250. Here's a rundown of where Notre Dame stands with all of its targets on the list.

I was going to do all of the players tonight, but the list got too long. I'm going to have to do this in two or three parts.

To find profiles, use this link. It would take me way too much time to hyperlink all of them and it's getting late.

No. 1 QB Arch Manning: Sources at Notre Dame feel that this recruitment is a long shot for them until he visits campus (if he ever does). That hasn't happened yet, so there's not much to see here. Schools like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Texas are mentioned a lot more than Notre Dame when it comes to Manning.

No. 3 DL David Hicks Jr: It will be tough to pull Hicks, who rose 33 spots to his current national ranking, out of the South, but he had a great visit to Notre Dame in June. Still, I like other schools for him right now.

No. 4 WR Brandon Inniss: Total longshot. Notre Dame offered a bit too late for how early they would've needed to make a dent in this recruitment.

No. 5 OL Kadyn Proctor: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, Iowa and Iowa State are the five schools that are standing out the most to Proctor right now. He has his bases covered with the two in-state schools, two Midwest powerhouses and, well, Alabama. He had a great visit to Notre Dame this summer.

No. 6 LB Alex Styles: His dad played at Ohio State. His brother plays at Notre Dame. I've always felt that Alex "Sonny" Styles will say, "Screw it, I'm going to Alabama." That might be true, but the latest I'm hearing is that it's likely to come down to the Irish and Buckeyes. Right now, I give the edge to Notre Dame.

No. 7 DE Lebbeus Overton: Highly unlikely recruitment for Notre Dame to win, especially with the defensive ends the Irish already have committed.

No. 8 DE Brenan Vernon: One of those defensive ends is Vernon, who surprised the country picking Notre Dame over Ohio State. Vernon fits Notre Dame perfectly; I don't see him entertaining a flip.

No. 10 LB Malik Bryant: Not much is known about Notre Dame's standing with Bryant, but I feel fairly confident in saying he's a long shot for the Irish.

No. 11 CB AJ Harris: He left Notre Dame in June feeling great about the Irish. The key will be getting him back for a game this fall and more visits in 2022. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio state are also in pursuit of Harris. It'll be a tough recruitment to win, but Notre Dame has the factor of his dad being a Fighting Irish fan in its corner.

No. 12 DE Jayden Wayne: Notre Dame got in on Wayne early and hosted him for a visit in June. That's about all you can ask for at this point. Schools from all over the country are in on Wayne, which will make this a tough battle.

No. 16 CB Javien Toviano: I know that Toviano spoke highly of Notre Dame in the spring after receiving his offer from the Irish, but I haven't heard much on him recently. He did not visit Notre Dame this summer.

No. 16 OL Cayden Green: Notre Dame has put itself in a great early position for this elite prospect. His visit in June went very well too. Other big-time programs will offer him this fall, but the Irish have a good head start along with a few other schools.

No. 17 RB Justice Haynes: Sources in South Bend feel good about where Notre Dame is at with the nation's top running back, but there's no doubt that the Irish have a big battle on its hands for Haynes. His father played at Georgia and just about everyone in the country wants him.

No. 19 ATH Samuel M'Pemba: There's nothing new to report on M'Pemba. Notre Dame has two defensive end commits already, and the Irish like M'Pemba as an edge guy. I doubt he lands with the Irish.

No. 20 OL TJ Shanahan Jr.: He doesn't seem as enamored with Notre Dame as some other schools. I don't think there's anything to see here unless Shanahan visits campus.

No. 22 LB Drayk Bowen: He has a top five of Clemson, Auburn, Indiana, LSU and Notre Dame. I think Clemson and Auburn are the biggest contenders to Notre Dame, but he seems destined to don the blue & gold. I like where Notre Dame is at here, but there's more work to be done.

No. 24 TE Duce Robinson: Notre Dame is doing a really nice job in this recruitment, but I hear distance is a factor. That might be tough for Notre Dame to overcome.

No. 27 LB Jaiden Ausberry: He had a great visit to Notre Dame in June. His father works in the LSU athletics department, but the vibe in South Bend is that Ausberry is a tremendous fit. Notre Dame is a dark horse.

No. 28 WR Jalen Hale: Oklahoma is considered the leader for Hale, and I don't expect Notre Dame to be able to make a move here.

No. 29 OL Chase Bisontis: Notre Dame seems to be in strong early position after his visit in early June. Ohio State and Alabama look to be Notre Dame's biggest competition at this point.

No. 31 RB Reuben Owens II: Notre Dame recently offered the Texas decommit, but sources feel that he's a long shot for the Irish.

No. 32 DT Jason Moore: Notre Dame wants a big-time interior defensive lineman in the 2023 class. Moore is as good as it gets. Rivals has him as the top defensive tackle in America. Moore's recruitment is still in its early stages as he hasn't really taken any visits. He wants to get to Notre Dame, though.

No. 35 QB Dante Moore: Notre Dame hosted Moore for two visits over the summer. Both went very well, and the Irish staff hopes to get him on campus for another game this fall. Once Sept. 1 rolls around, Notre Dame will have much more contact with him since they can start initiating calls and send text messages.

No. 36 DT Vic Burley: Notre Dame has been working on Burley for several months but hasn't been able to get him on campus yet. He's a top of the board interior defensive line target.

No. 42 LB Tackett Curtis: I see this one as a long shot for Notre Dame. I don't feel that Curtis is all that interested in ND but we'll see.

No. 45 CB Ryan Yaites: Notre Dame hosted him for a visit in June, which he raved about. He even told Rivals that it was his best visit of the summer. Ole Miss, LSU, TCU and Texas are also schools standing out to Yaites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News