ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: What We're Hearing On Big OL Target Wyatt Milum

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Huntington (W. Va.) Spring Valley class of 2021 offensive tackle Wyatt Milum announced a top six of Alabama, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Penn State, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia. There's been some thoughts that Notre Dame, Penn State, and West Virginia are the top three schools within that group, but I'm told Alabama really has his interest as well, which shouldn't come as a surprise. Kentucky may be a surprise on his list, but that's the school closest to home and has been on him hard for a while.

*** Alabama and Notre Dame are the options farthest from Milum, and I asked a source close to him if proximity to home played an important role in his recruitment. Here's what I was told: "I think it was really important until he went to Alabama and Notre Dame." My vibe here is that Notre Dame is the leader in Milum's recruitment. Not only does Milum feel really great about Notre Dame, I'm told his mother is very, very excited about the Irish. The campus life, education and community at Notre Dame stood out during their two-day visit in South Bend.

*** I'm highly considering a FutureCast pick at this time. There's a few factors I consider before making a pick, because as I've stated before, once you put in a Rivals FutureCast pick, there's no deleting it or a "foggy" option -- you have to either leave your pick as is or flip it to a difference school. So I don't just throw FutureCasts out there haphazardly (although, I admit I did with Cristian Dixon, and now I'm stuck on my pick of ND for him, which I don't like right now). Notre Dame wants Milum, and this one is trending towards the Irish based on what I'm told, but I'll keep digging before I put in a FutureCast pick.

*** Five-star 2021 California defensive end Korey Foreman, the nation's No.1 prospect, announced his top ten schools list, and it did not include Notre Dame. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, USC, Vanderbilt, and Washington. Yes, Vanderbilt made it in over Notre Dame. I have no idea why or what his connection is to the Commodores, but they made it in his top ten. It's a moot point because neither school will get him.

*** As I posted earlier, Lake Mary (Fla.) class of 2022 quarterback Gunnar Smith will be visiting Notre Dame this weekend. He had a strong sophomore season, as he threw for 2,238 yards 24 touchdowns and six interceptions, leading his team to a 6-4 record but missed the playoffs. Smith originally planned to make it up for the USC game in October but couldn't make the trip. He holds an early offer from Kentucky.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News