ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Visitor tidbits for USC vs. Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Before we get into some visitor updates, I wanted to share a name who Notre Dame fans need to get familiarized with -- Croix Stewart. The 6-2, 185-pound class of 2022 defensive back is committed to UCLA but the Irish are taking a close look at him. Stewart has stood out to the Notre Dame staff with his play as a senior. The vibe here is that if Notre Dame strikes out on five-star safety Xavier Nwankpa, then Stewart may be the next prospect the Irish offer. Notre Dame has had good contact with Stewart, and he's very interested.

*** More names are being confirmed for Notre Dame's massive recruiting weekend, and I'll have much more on that in the next couple of days, so stay tuned to my articles and the master list post. I'm told that Indianapolis Cathedral 2023 defensive lineman Kendrick Gilbert and Irish class of 2022 cornerback commit Devin Moore are expected in for the visit. Gilbert is a regular at Notre Dame, and I strongly believe that he will pick the Irish if the staff pushes for that. Getting Moore back on campus would be huge as he's still flirting with Florida and visited there this fall. I'm unsure if Moore will make it in but I'm going to see him play on Friday so I should know for sure then.

*** Another name I have yet to confirm but hear may visit Notre Dame this weekend is Shiner (Texas) High's Dalton Brooks, the No. 34 player in the class for the 2023 class. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas are among the other schools with scholarships on the table for Brooks. Notre Dame is looking at Brooks in the secondary. I don't know much else about Brooks' recruitment, but this visit is certainly intriguing.

*** One name coming off the visitor list is St. Louis De Smet's Christian Gray, a four-star cornerback in 2023. This is a prospect who my sources on the Notre Dame side of things feel very good about, so it's a bummer for the Irish that he won't be making it back to campus. His game this week was moved to Saturday so he had to cancel the trip. He had a great visit to South Bend in June. I expect Gray back at another point either this fall or early next year.

*** Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep class of 2023 defensive end and Notre Dame commit Keon Keeley will visit South Bend next weekend for the North Carolina game. This is excellent news for the Fighting Irish, as Keeley visited Florida earlier this fall and has a handful of schools after him with his stellar play as a junior, which earned him five-star status according to another network. Notre Dame has a battle on its hands to hold on to Keeley, but it's one I expect them to win in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News