ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Updates On Key Four-Star Notre Dame Targets

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Las Vegas Bishop Gorman class of 2022 offensive tackle Jake Taylor is set to cut his list down in the near future. Taylor, who ranks as Rivals' No. 34 offensive tackle and No. 7 player in Nevada, will surely include Oklahoma and Notre Dame in his top group. I'd imagine USC will make the cut as well. The Irish are in a dog fight with Oklahoma here, and the Sooners have the current advantage considering that he's been to Norman but not South Bend. Taylor wants to make a decision after visits open up so he can see Notre Dame, but if the NCAA pushes back the dead period again, then the Sooners may hold the lead. My FutureCast pick is on Notre Dame, and I'm not planning to move it any time soon.

*** Paintsville (Ky.) Johnson Central offensive lineman Grant Bingham narrowed his list down to eight today. Arkansas, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame and West Virginia were the schools making the cut. I've considered putting in a FutureCast pick for the Irish to land Bingham because I feel that he wants Notre Dame. However, Notre Dame already has two OL commits (Ty Chan and Joey Tanona) and one that I still feel very good about (Billy Schrauth). Numbers are getting tight, and I'm not sure Bingham is a very top of the board guy for Notre Dame. He very well still could end up in Notre Dame's class, but we'll just have to see.

*** You won't see him report it on Twitter because he doesn't have an account, but I can report that Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei's David Bailey, the No. 53 player in America, received an offer from Notre Dame in January. Bailey can play linebacker or defensive end at the next level, and I'm told the Irish would like him at either but prefer him getting after the quarterback as a rush end. Bailey can choose pretty much any school he would like to go to at this point and is probably too good for Notre Dame to turn down no matter what the numbers say whenever it's time for him to make a decision.

*** On Feb. 1, Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood class of 2022 receiver De'Nylon Morrissette announced a top seven list of Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Oregon, South Carolina and USC. I would be really surprised if Morrissette lands anywhere other than Alabama or Georgia. I'll continue to monitor the recruitment, but I don't think there's much to see here at the moment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News