ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Tidbits on potential new Notre Dame targets

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** In case you missed it last night, I gave an update on Notre Dame's quarterback situation in the 2022 recruiting class. As we've discussed some on the board, another name to keep an eye on is Nick Evers, a four-star Florida commit from Flower Mound (Texas) High. I'm told that Notre Dame is very interested in the nation's No. 198 player per Rivals and has already made contact with him. I also hear that Evers is open to taking an official visit to Notre Dame as well, but it should be noted that the Irish haven't offered him yet. I think there's a good chance of that happening soon though.

He's been pretty vocal about his love for the Gators though even after Dan Mullen's firing and sent out a long tweet where he was candid with his commitment status. I will embed it at the bottom of this thread, but the gist is that he'd like to sign with Florida as long as he clicks with the new coaches.

*** Another prospect the Irish may move on who is currently on Florida's commitment list is Orlando (Fla.) Bishop Moore four-star wide receiver CJ Smith. The Irish offered him earlier this year but weren't able to make much movement with him. With changes at Florida, will he reconsider the Irish? I'll keep track of this one.

*** Signing three receivers in the 2022 class is a must for Notre Dame, and with chatter that Amorion Walker and CJ Williams could potentially flip elsewhere, the staff has to have contingency plans. Smith may be one, and Portland (Ore.) Lincoln's Justius Lowe is another. I don't know how interested the Irish are in him yet but he's a name to pass along. Lowe holds a few Pac-12 offers so far.

*** I was asked on the board this week if there will be any Notre Dame recruits at the Stanford game, and one prospect who will be there is Benicia (Calif.) High class of 2022 safety Croix Stewart, a UCLA commit. I don't know how much interest Stewart has in Stanford, but he is very intrigued with the Fighting Irish, and the interest is mutual. If this is the first time you're reading about Stewart, I would recommend watching his tape. Things may heat up between Stewart and Notre Dame in December. Notre Dame hasn't offered Stewart yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News