ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Tidbits on ND recruits CJ Williams, Chris Vizzina & Carson Tabaracci

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** In an interview with Rivals.com's Adam Gorney, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei class of 2022 wide receiver and Notre Dame commit CJ Williams said the following: "I still have USC hitting me up and Stanford, UCLA and all these different schools seeing if I’m still locked in with Notre Dame."

One would think that a quote would then follow that discussed whether or not Williams was locked in with Notre Dame, but it doesn't. I asked around, and all is well with the elite prospect's Irish pledge. No one I speak with has any concern that Williams will flip. Other college programs keeping tabs on Williams is a good sign of his talent; the young man has been excellent on the field this season, including an 8-135-TD outing this past weekend. It'll certainly be interesting to see who the new USC coach is though. You'd imagine that one of his first calls would be to Williams with Mater Dei being such a USC pipeline.

Side note: Williams has been in touch with five-star LSU quarterback commit Walker Howard and has been doing some recruiting.

*** Notre Dame extended an intriguing quarterback offer to Birmingham (Ala.) Briarwood Christian's Chris Vizzina on Wednesday. Offensive coordinator Tommy Rees has been in contact regularly with Vizzina since the Rivals three-star quarterback camped for Notre Dame over the summer. Notre Dame was expecting Vizzina to visit this weekend, but he had to cancel those plans. The staff was going to offer Vizzina when he was on campus, so they went ahead and extended the news today.

Vizzina was surprised by the news and is very, very excited about it. He's a Catholic kid who absolutely loved everything about Notre Dame when he was on campus over the summer. Notre Dame likely jumps to the top of his recruitment with the offer. The only schools I believe could take the lead over Notre Dame would be Alabama or Georgia.

*** Park City (Utah) High class of 2022 athlete Carson Tabaracci officially visited Notre Dame over the weekend. I haven't spoken with Tabaracci yet, but I chatted with someone today with direct knowledge of the visit. Tabaracci loved Notre Dame's campus, coaches and how well-organized the visit was. I didn't get the sense that Tabaracci is close to committing anywhere yet. He got a good feel for what it'd be like as a student-athlete at Notre Dame, but there's still not a clear picture of exactly what position he'd play for the Fighting Irish.

Interestingly enough, Tabaracci's next official visit will be this weekend to.... USC. Yes, the head coach-less Trojans, which should be a pretty interesting. This recruitment feels like a Notre Dame vs. Utah battle, but again, there's much more to happen in this one. He probably won't commit for a few more weeks.

*** Notre Dame offered QB Ryan Montgomery, a class of 2025 quarterback last week, so I guess we're reporting on high school freshman now. Bellevue (Neb.) East's Mikey Gow will visit Notre Dame's campus this weekend. He doesn't have any offers yet but a handful of schools are interested in him. He's a prospect to watch down the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News