ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Scoop On 2020 DB Recruiting

EJ Holland

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Apr 25, 2019
Here are tonight's charms...

*** Of the remaining defensive back targets, the most realistic prospect on the board is Ramon Henderson. The three-star recruit from Liberty (Calif.) is still looking to make a visit to Notre Dame this fall, potentially for the game against Virginia on Sept. 28. And yes, Henderson is a take for the Irish right now. In fact, I’m told Henderson is a top target for Notre Dame and that the staff loves his track times as well as his athletic profile. One source close to the program described him as an ‘athletic freak.’

*** Henderson fits the bill as a tall, lengthy defensive back that can play multiple positions in the secondary, including safety. In a secondary class full of project type players, questions have been raised about taking Henderson. Look I’m not here to make a case to take or not take Henderson in this update. I’m just saying that he is a guy the staff is making a priority and will push for. I think Notre Dame can easily lock him up once he visits if they do continue this push. The only reason I haven’t put in a FutureCast in favor of ND is because I want to see how it all plays out over the next couple of months.

*** Like I mentioned on the board yesterday, four-star Lufkin (Texas) safety Jerrin Thompson is a prospect the staff is supposed to talk more about next week. But I’m not sure it will matter. Thompson obviously picked up an offer from Texas last night, and the Longhorns are now in the pole position in this recruitment. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is quick turnaround with this one. I’ve heard buzz that Thompson could end the process before the start of his senior season. I put in a FutureCast in favor of Texas.

*** I had an update on four-star The Colony (Texas) defensive back Christian Gonzalez today, which you can check out here. Gonzalez is set to make his decision on August 12, and I don’t have any type of confidence with Notre Dame. There hasn’t been much communication between Gonzalez and the Irish staff since his official visit last month. Gonzalez still doesn’t feel comfortable with Notre Dame, and I’m told the Irish staff still has a lot of concerns about his ‘painfully quiet’ personality. I just don’t see this one as a fit for either side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News