ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Ransom Scoop; 2020 DB Recruiting Notes

EJ Holland

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Apr 25, 2019
Here are today's charms...

*** I’ve spoken to multiple sources today that have confirmed that four-star Salpointe Catholic (Ariz.) safety Lathan Ransom has made his final decision and informed the coaching staffs at his three finalists of that decision. From the intel I have been able to gather, I don’t have any reason to feel optimistic about Notre Dame. While there has been some fluff out there, I’ve been pretty straight up about feeling confident in my Ohio State pick. I still feel strongly about the Buckeyes here.

*** I wrote after The Opening that it was time for Notre Dame to throw in the white towel. The Irish continued to battle this week as defensive backs coach Terry Joseph remained in constant contact with Ransom. But the Irish staff’s efforts will more than likely fall short. Joseph and the rest of the staff are on vacation. The plan is to reset the defensive back board when they return.

*** Like I’ve previously written, Notre Dame would like a true safety in this class but won’t force it if there isn’t one they like. Guys like Malcolm Greene and RJ Moten remain top options, but there hasn’t been much movement with either. Of course, Notre Dame could easily make a big move with four-star Lufkin (Texas) safety Jerrin Thompson. The Irish just need to push, which they need to do soon, as I’ve heard a pair of P5 in-state schools are about to make Thompson a priority.

*** Yes, the staff remains high on Liberty (Calif.) athlete Ramon Henderson. But in a class full of upside prospects, this one wouldn’t make a lot of sense to me. We’ll see what happens after the meeting. If Notre Dame still views Henderson as a take, I would expect him to jump onboard following his OV. He is looking to be in South Bend for the game against Virginia on Sept. 28.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News