ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Potential New 2020 Target; Notes On 2021 Five-Star RB

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** As I've reported previously, I'm expecting Notre Dame to take 19-20 prospects in the 2020 class, but that number is a bit fluid. The Irish are at 17 commits right now, and I do expect Notre Dame to take two more defensive backs (Ramon Henderson is strongly trending towards ND and officially visits this weekend) and there's a possibility of taking a 20th guy, although the position for that is up in the air. I'm told that the Notre Dame staff is looking at potential options at various position.

*** Obviously, Notre Dame is looking at some names at defensive back (and I will have more in that in tomorrow's Hot Board around noon ET), but I can confirm that there is some interest in Jason Harris, a 6-foot-7, 220-pound four-star defensive end prospect from Gilbert (Ariz.) Higley. The likes of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma, Oregon and many others have offered him. Communication with Harris is in the very, very early stages. I don't believe ND has actually reached out to Harris yet but they've inquired about him. With this information, I would not jump to the conclusion that Notre Dame is taking another defensive linemen in the class. Rather, the Irish are doing due diligence in case if plans change.

*** Garland (Texas) Lakeview Centennial 2021 five-star running back Camar Wheaton visited Notre Dame over the summer, but the Irish have a lot of work to do. Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, and Alabama are working hard on the nation's best running back per Rivals. But in a recent interview, he was clear that recruiting isn't his focus this fall: "I’m not worried about recruiting. I just want to help my team and help everybody get better. I’m focused on football right now.”

*** We talked to Wheaton recently. His quote on his summer ND visit: "It was fun. Those upstate schools have really big stadiums. The weight room was big. I liked all that. The campus was really different."

*** Wheaton on interest in ND: "I like them. I'm looking at them. They are a good school, and they have good football. The coaches were cool."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News