ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Nuggets On Notre Dame 2021 Targets; Visitor Notes

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** In a couple of weeks, I'll head down down to Florida to check out big time Notre Dame 2021 defensive end target Cade Denhoff. His recruitment has absolutely blown up the past three weeks, landing offers from nearly every national power. Notre Dame is still very high on his list and he had an amazing camp experience in South Bend over the summer. Denhoff is a big priority for defensive line coach Mike Elston as he builds his 2021 DL class along with defensive tackle Gabriel Rubio, but I'm hearing buzz that Denhoff is leaning towards Clemson right now. The Florida Gators have a lot of pull in Denhoff's area as well, but I'm certainly not counting out Notre Dame in Denhoff's recruitment.

*** Arguably Notre Dame's top current linebacker target in the 2021 class is Barrett Carter from the state of Georgia. The Rivals100 product has also seen his recruitment blow up with a stellar start to his junior season. Just in September, he's landed offers from Florida State, Colorado, Mississippi State, LSU, Florida, Iowa, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Oregon State. Carter has family in Chicago which could make Notre Dame an interesting option for Carter, but it's going to be tough to pull him out of the South.

*** Pleasant Grove (Ala.) class of 2021 wide receiver Christian Lewis, a three-star recruit with offers from the likes of Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Iowa, and West Virginia, tells me that he will visit Notre Dame when the Irish host Virginia Tech on Sept. 2. Lewis has been in contact with Notre Dame director of recruiting Aaryn Kearney but not any of the Irish assistants yet. Nice size on Lewis at 6-foot-3, 185-pounds.

*** St. Peters (Mo.) Lutheran Of St. Charles 2021 defensive tackle and Notre Dame commit Gabriel Rubio will visit Notre Dame this weekend, and he also plans to visit South Bend again for the USC game. When Rubio gets on campus on Oct. 12 for USC weekend, Rubio will be accompanied by his teammate, class of 2022 running back Arlen Harris. I'm told that running backs coach Lance Taylor has lots of interest in Harris, who holds offers from the likes of Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Purdue

*** St. Louis (Mo.) Trinity Catholic class of 2021 OLB/TE prospect Scott Presson will visit Notre Dame this weekend. The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder has an early offer from Toledo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News