ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame Scoop From The Road

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** On my way home from my trip to see Prince Kollie over the weekend, I drove through Greenville, S.C. and saw a couple Irish targets in the 2022 class. Greenville (S.C.) High’s Collin Sadler, the No. 87 overall player and No. 12 offensive tackle, is arguably the top Notre Dame offensive line target on the 2022 board. He’s announcing a top 12 Nov. 1., and the Fighting Irish are locked in to make the top group. At this point, Clemson, Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma and USC are the top competition for the Irish.

*** The vibe I got from my conversations with Sadler and his family is that Clemson and Notre Dame have separated itself from the other contenders as well. Those are the two schools that have done the best job recruiting him. Sadler has spoken with Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly a good bit, and his connection with offensive line coach Jeff Quinn is very strong.

*** An interesting nugget to mention is that Sadler has grown close with Irish offensive line commit Blake Fisher in the past month. Fisher is known as a relentless recruiter as a committed prospect, but he hasn’t done a ton of recruiting 2022 players. My opinion is that Quinn wanted Fisher to connect with Sadler, which is a genius move. Sadler had several of his questions answered by Fisher, and their connection could help him choose the Irish.

*** I also saw Mauldin (S.C.) High’s Jeadyn Lukus, the nation’s No. 6 cornerback and No. 20 overall player, who landed an offer from the Irish Aug. 24. This was my first time speaking with Lukus, a very bright young man with excellent size, but I don’t think Notre Dame has much of a shot in this recruitment. Clemson should be considered the heavy favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News