ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame recruiting tidbits in 2022 class

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Last night I wrote about potential recruits that Notre Dame could go after on USC's 2022 commit list, and the Irish did reach out to Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei five-star defensive back Domani Jackson. I talked to a couple of sources about Notre Dame's chances here, and they're slim at best. But hey, Notre Dame tried. I'm sure they'll still keep the line of communication open with Jackson in case he has a change of heart and wants to have more dialogue with Notre Dame.

*** Ponchatoula (La.) High wide receiver and Notre Dame commit Amorion Walker did visit Michigan last weekend, his second time in Ann Arbor, while he's only been in South Bend once (his official visit in June). Obviously, I hear Notre Dame is not happy about this but is still recruiting Walker hard and wants him in its 2022 class. My read on this situation is that Notre Dame is not in a position to part ways with Walker.

The Irish have two solid, big-time receiver commits in CJ Williams and Tobias Merriweather, and I see Walker basically as an uncommitted recruit who the staff has to battle for. Notre Dame should sign four receivers in this class. Walker has visited four schools that the public knows about since his commitment. This saga will continue on, but Notre Dame will not leave itself without options...

*** One of those options is Irmo (S.C.) Dutch Fork four-star wide receiver Antonio Williams. Notre Dame actually offered Williams earlier this year but never made much traction with him. I'm hearing that the staff is in communication with Williams, and he is considering taking an official visit to Notre Dame. He released a top six over the weekend that included Georgia, Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida State, South Carolina and Ole Miss. We'll see where this one goes from here.

*** A two-way lineman recruit to keep an eye on in the 2022 class is Gibsonia (Pa.) Pine-Richland's Jalen Klemm. Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Nebraska, N.C. State, Vanderbilt and Washington State are among Klemm's recent offers. Notre Dame is looking at Klemm is an offensive lineman as the staff may have to move on to some plan B options to round out its O-line class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News