ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame Recruiting Intel From The Midwest

EJ Holland

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Apr 25, 2019
Here are tonight's charms...

*** Four-star Clarkston (Mich.) offensive lineman Rocco Spindler plans to cut his lengthy offer list down to seven in the near future. We fully expect Notre Dame to survive the cut. Notre Dame is very high on his mind, and he will be back on campus for the game against USC in October. However, Michigan may have the slight edge at this time. The Wolverines hosted him for an unofficial visit over the weekend and really wowed him. Ohio State and Michigan State are two big players to watch here as well.

*** Four-star Lutheran of St. Charles (Mo.) defensive lineman Gabriel Rubio will be back in South Bend on Oct. 12 when Notre Dame takes on rival USC. The Irish commit is also looking to make his way to Notre Dame for the game against Navy on Nov. 16. Rubio is fully locked in with Notre Dame and is helping the Irish recruit more talent to South Bend. Rubio, of course, gave Notre Dame a verbal pledge this summer.

*** I checked in with the father of three-star Indianapolis Ben Davis (Ind.) defensive back Daylan Carnell, who told me they don’t have any game visits set as of right now. However, the elder Carnell told me that they do expect to be in South Bend at some point this fall. Carnell has visited Notre Dame on several occasions, including for Irish Invasion last month. Notre Dame remains a strong contender here early on.

*** From what I have been able to gather, signs still point to Ohio State with Ironton (Ohio) linebacker Reid Carrico. There is a lot of pull for him to stay in-state, and the Buckeyes are making a strong push to get him to shut things down early. However, Carrico has held off on making a decision and made the rounds the summer, seeing national programs like Clemson and Texas. I would say Notre Dame is on the outside looking in here. They need to get him in for a game this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News