ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame offers intriguing 2022 athlete

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Notre Dame sent out an intriguing new offer today in the 2022 class to Park City (Utah) High athlete Carson Tabaracci. He camped at Notre Dame in June, checked in at about 6-2, 220 pounds and ran in the 4.6 range for the 40-yard dash. Notre Dame's Brian Polian has led the way in this recruitment, and the staff decided to offer him today. A source tells me that Notre Dame offered Tabaracci as an H-back, which is essentially a running back/tight end hybrid spot.

*** I'm very intrigued by what this offer means for Notre Dame's 2022 class. Was he just too good to offer after seeing early senior tape? Would he take a running back spot? I have lots of questions about the Tabaracci offer and look forward to learning more about it. Tabaracci tells me that he's planning to take an official visit to Norte Dame this fall, but nothing is locked in just yet. A handful of schools are still involved with Tabaracci; he hasn't narrowed down his list yet.

*** I know some folks get on here get triggered when I mention class of 2023 five-star quarterback Arch Manning, but it's my job to report recruiting updates. A colleague reached out to inform me that Manning's head coach told him the following: "There are other schools that he has expressed interest in that he may go see -- Stanford, Notre Dame and Ohio State." Schools such as Clemson, Georgia and Ole Miss are being discussed much more in terms of fall visits for Manning. The Irish are involved with Manning but have much more ground to make up.

*** Pittsburgh Central Catholic class of 2024 linebacker Anthony Speca tells me that he'll be visiting Notre Dame for the USC game Oct. 23. This will be his third visit to Notre Dame, as he was on campus twice over the summer. It's still very early in Speca's recruitment as he's early in his sophomore year, but Notre Dame looks like the early favorite for the 6-3, 220-pounder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News