ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame Making Moves In 2022 Recruiting

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** I've been asked about Westerville (Ohio) South class of 2022 wide receiver Kaden Saunders, a Penn State commit, and yes, Notre Dame is still in the mix here. Notre Dame offered last February during a campus visit, but honestly, they didn't really pick up their recruitment of him until about May, and he sided with Penn State in July. Notre Dame's Tommy Rees and Del Alexander remained in contact though, and Saunders tells me that he believes ND is going to be ramping up their recruitment of him even more. Right now, he hears from ND once or twice per week. Sources on the Penn State side of the recruitment tell me that Saunders is saying all the right things when it comes to him sticking with his pledge, but it seems about 50/50 on whether or not he'll stick. I believe he will open things up.

*** Another receiver prospect to keep an eye on is Saraland (Ala.) High's Jarel Williams. I'm told that Notre Dame receivers coach Del Alexander had a conversation with him today too. Notre Dame offered Williams back in October and has had steady contact with Williams. He's a rangy 6-3, 175-pound receiver who had a really nice junior season.

*** Notre Dame offered Notre Dame legacy tight end Eli Raridon from West Des Moines (Iowa) Valley. Eli is the son of Scott Raridon Jr., who played offensive tackle for the Irish in the early 2000s, and grandson of Scott Raridon Sr., who was the strength and condition coach for the Irish in 1988. Raridon received the offer from Notre Dame offensive coordinator Tommy Rees on Tuesday and spoke with tight ends coach John McNulty later in the day too.

*** Raridon is a "take" for Notre Dame. The vibe I'm getting here is that if the Irish staff feels like it has a battle on its hands for Raridon, then it will probably offer Atlanta Westminster tight end Holden Staes, who recently decommitted from Penn State, too. The Irish will likely take two tight ends in this class, and the way things are trending, I don't expect this open spot to be open all that long. The decision for the Irish staff to take a second tight end in this class occurred in the past few days.

*** Notre Dame offered Buffalo (N.Y.) Western Maritime class of 2022 receiver Addison Copeland today. Copeland is not a high profile prospect; he was committed to Rutgers and only held a couple other Power Five conference offers. About a half an hour after Notre Dame offered Copeland, he announced his decommitment from Rutgers, and his recruitment is expected to take off from here. My sources feel that Copeland is very talented and is someone Notre Dame would take in their 2022 class, but I'm not expecting him to pop soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News