ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame football recruiting tidbits

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** As I suspected, Notre Dame is inquiring about Flower Mound (Texas) High class of 2022 four-star quarterback and recent Florida decommit Nick Evers. Notre Dame had made some light contact with Evers a couple weeks ago, but nothing came of it. The Irish staff re-engaged with Evers today, and offensive coordinator Tommy Rees is scheduled to speak with him tonight (and by this point, probably already spoke with him). I'm told Notre Dame is hoping to bring Evers on an official visit this weekend, but that may be tough, considering Evers tweeted at 8:13 p.m. ET that he would be taking an official visit to Oklahoma this weekend. Landing Evers seems like a long shot, but with it being likely that Drew Pyne is sticking around at Notre Dame, the Fighting Irish don't necessarily need the extra quarterback body in the 2022 class.

*** As of writing this, Naples (Fla.) High cornerback Devin Moore is expected to officially visit Florida, and Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral defensive end Anthony Lucas will not make it to Notre Dame. The Irish staff wanted both prospects on campus this weekend but that won't be happening barring a last minute change. The chances of landing Lucas are probably nil at this point. As for Moore, Notre Dame will scratch and claw until the final second, but him visiting Florida this weekend instead of ND will make it difficult.

*** I will have a full official visitor preview article tomorrow, but the gist is that all of Notre Dame's current commitments, minus receivers CJ Williams and Amorion Walker, linebacker Jaylen Sneed and punter Bryce McFerson will be on campus. All wanted to be able to make it in but have high school sports engagements already planned,

*** Notre Dame wide receivers coach Del Alexander was in Florida today. In my Notre Dame coaches on the road update this morning, I didn't have anything on him, but he stopped by Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, home of 2023 wide receiver target Carnell Tate, and Lakeland (Fla.) High to check in on 2023 receiver target Tyler Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News